Why become a member? ×

Acoustic 126 combo

Kiwi

[url="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Acoustic-126-bass-amp_W0QQitemZ220374586432QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_MusicalInstr_Amplifiers_RL?hash=item220374586432&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1688|66%3A2|65%3A12|39%3A1|240%3A1318"]http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Acoustic-126-bass-am...%3A1|240%3A1318[/url]

Eight hours to go (at the time of posting)

It needs a bit of TLC but if this was being sold in the US, I'd bet they'd have had the sellers arm off by now. 99 quid is probably a steal for a bit of kit that is likely to gain in collectability. Acoustic amps were amongst the best quality solid state kit before Trace Elliot came on the scene.

[quote name='Mr. Foxen' post='435264' date='Mar 15 2009, 03:56 PM']Anyone actually used one of these? Might be scoring one locally, bit more interesting as a living room amp that my electric blue.[/quote]

Did you go for this one?

Ive got a 220 head which I use with a single 15 acoustic cab for smaller gigs
Great amp

Dont think they are fetching silly money though apart from the 360 range, Theres loads in the states and few over here.

I bought my original 450 in 1977 from Kingfisher in Fleet who were the distributors at that time,and I have only ever seen a couple of acoustics ever since
I was very tempted to bid on this and I watched the biddint at the end, but its a bit big and heavy these days.

[quote name='Yessikris' post='436160' date='Mar 16 2009, 02:56 PM']I used to have one of these,it was a great amp,and quite loud,but it was damm heavy!!!it's bigger then it looks also.[/quote]

I had a look on the acoustic Wiki and the shipping weight quoted is over 100 lbs which makes Crezs metro almost a lightweight

[quote name='bumnote' post='435923' date='Mar 16 2009, 11:41 AM']Did you go for this one?

Ive got a 220 head which I use with a single 15 acoustic cab for smaller gigs
Great amp

Dont think they are fetching silly money though apart from the 360 range, Theres loads in the states and few over here.

I bought my original 450 in 1977 from Kingfisher in Fleet who were the distributors at that time,and I have only ever seen a couple of acoustics ever since
I was very tempted to bid on this and I watched the biddint at the end, but its a bit big and heavy these days.[/quote]

Just traded it for another amp, deals with no money changing hands, my second favourite sort. AIn't made much noise with it yet, will be after dinner.

[quote name='Mr. Foxen' post='436529' date='Mar 16 2009, 07:36 PM']Just traded it for another amp, deals with no money changing hands, my second favourite sort. AIn't made much noise with it yet, will be after dinner.[/quote]

I would be interested to see what you think

I could also be tempted if you decide to sell

When I win the lottery Im going to get a sample of every amp they ever made

Plugged my most 'polite' sounding bass into it (didn't want to drop the low A right in), It has some crackles that will be servisolled in a bit, seems to be fairly 'punchy' and have lots of treble available, turning it up and you start to get a bit of drive when its pretty loud that sounds like a very mild drive pedal.

The front cover is held on by some odd pre-velcro stuff thats like stickle bricks.

[quote name='Mr. Foxen' post='436802' date='Mar 17 2009, 12:09 AM']The front cover is held on by some odd pre-velcro stuff thats like stickle bricks.[/quote]

All the fronts are held on by that stuff, apparently they came from auto parts, they were used in the american motor industry to secure door trim panels.