Why become a member? ×

My new home setup

molan

So I've sold my main amp & won't get a new one for a week or so & was wondering what to use at home for the time being.

I then had the brainwave of feeding my Sadowsky outboard pre straight into my old EBS power amp power amp.

Sounds great!

It's one of the old models & if you whack the bass & treble boost up full it really makes a lot of basses actually sound like a Sadowsky as well :)

[quote name='molan' post='434554' date='Mar 14 2009, 12:58 PM']So I've sold my main amp & won't get a new one for a week or so & was wondering what to use at home for the time being.

I then had the brainwave of feeding my Sadowsky outboard pre straight into my old EBS power amp power amp.

Sounds great!

It's one of the old models & if you whack the bass & treble boost up full it really makes a lot of basses actually sound like a Sadowsky as well :)[/quote]
Is that a stereo power amp power amp? :rolleyes:

I use a cheap mixer and cast off parts of my hifi system - The amp is ~1970s Technics, the speakers are ~1980s Mission

I really like home set up ingenuity! Its good to experiment with different ways of doing things. That's where fresh ideas and sounds can be generated. I have an 8 track desk with allsorts of stuff patched in (stylophone! and an oscillator thing with knobs on - very Silver Apples).

I have a similar setup - a 'noname' 400w a side stereo power amp, digital, which is the size and weight of a small 1u DVD player. I can play my bass right into that and from there into my SWR compact cabs, or plug the Vbass pedal into the poweramp, acting as a stereo pre-amp (but my clean setting is pretty much bypassed anyway!)

Preamps? pah!

Cheers
ped