Why become a member? ×

A sad day

niceguyhomer

I know Al'll be along later but I went down and it was a great night. Great boozer too, I wish I had one like that a short walk away :)

Actually its maybe just as well I don't.

Nick Carey did a couple of numbers on bass too. Very enjoyable and NGE will be sadly missed in these parts.

You missed a good night Russ - place was buzzin'. Mick the singer came 'round to see me yesterday and we were talking about it all. We both think that the door's not firmly closed and who knows - Mick's 40 in November and we'll definitely be doing that. We still enjoy playing and haven't fallen out - I think we just need a rest from the pub circuit which has gone south around here.

[quote name='niceguyhomer' post='436533' date='Mar 16 2009, 07:38 PM']I think I need to take some happy pills before going on - I look miserable :rolleyes: :)[/quote]
I'm the same.. Always joking around before and after a gig, but as miserable as sin looking when playing...

[quote name='thepurpleblob' post='436044' date='Mar 16 2009, 01:18 PM']Careful... you almost smiled in that last picture :)[/quote]

I was thinking the same thing. :rolleyes:

I am totally jealous of your Wimbish-esque Spector. I was talking to a guitarist friend tonight who said he wanted to do a Tackhead / On U Sound-type thing with old-school hip-hop/reggae beats and modern UK rappers, and it immediately made me picture your bass.