Arnoldoc

Pedulla MVP5 - now sold!
£3150
London, UK

Posted (edited)

Pedulla MVP 5 for sale in very good condition - mainly studio use throughout its life.

Michael Pedulla retired last year so they are no longer being made. Last UK list price for a similarly spec model Was £5,750.

No trades please.

• AAA solid maple body wings
  • 3 piece maple neck
  • Ebony fingerboard
  • Bartolini (proprietary to Pedulla) P/J pickups
  • 2 band active electronics
  • 17.5mm ABM bridge
  • Gotoh gold hardware
  • Very good condition (hardware shows age and some slight tarnishing but body is truly mint).
  • Frets leveled recently so it plays with super low action if required
  • 20200811_124152.thumb.jpg.a4d4936933bfa7606d699339a9fa069a.jpg

Screen Shot 2020-08-11 at 12.39.06 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-08-11 at 12.38.51 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-08-11 at 12.38.38 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-08-11 at 12.38.14 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-08-11 at 12.38.00 PM.png

Edited by Arnoldoc
  • Like 9

Posted (edited)
On 26/08/2020 at 14:09, gorandelac said:

Damn I wish I had money! Even the color is perfect.

Thanks, it's a special color for sure. 

Edited by Arnoldoc

Sorry man, if I would take this it would be only through trade, can't afford to spend anything during COVID... but, thanks a lot

Hello there! Is this beauty still available?.... Been searching for a Pedulla MVP 5 in this color for quite a while.  They hard to find now since Mr Pedulla retired..... Would you be willing to ship to the United States? 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Hellzero
      Due to the Covid-19 situation and severe back problems (66% officially disabled because of it) plus right shoulder injury (non-operable capsulitis from which, after more than 3 years, I will never fully recover), I'm selling all my basses over 4 kilos and also the ones I'm not really using. I've also considerably lowered the price for a quick sale.

WARRIOR Dran Michael 7 (DM7) Custom NT Signature, top of the range model, early bird, 1996.

ONLY POSSIBLE TRADE : LEDUC U-BASSE FRETLESS 6 !
      NON NEGOTIABLE PRICE !

Asking price including shipping fully insured with tracking number to your place in these European countries (ask for other countries) : Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France (excluding French overseas departments and territories), Germany, Hungary, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxemburg, Monaco, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden and United Kingdom : £1800 GBP !!! (new price still is $8000 USD..)

Fully working and in excellent condition.

Here are the specifications :
      Body  : two aged purpleheart wings
      Top : thick aged flamed maple
      Neckthrough : 3 pieces aged hard rock Canadian maple and aged purpleheart with two veneers of aged purpleheart and aged maple on each sides of the aged purpleheart core (quite thin and fast neck, think Leduc)
      Fretboard : thick (7 mm) 16" radius Amazon rosewood (Spruceana Dalbergia) fitted by Christophe LEDUC (his last piece of the very old stock)
      Frets : 24 (no wear at all as they are almost brand new and fitted by Christophe LEDUC when he put the new fretboard)
      Headstock : angled 4 + 3 shape with aged flamed maple thick veneer
      Pickups : 2 x Warrior-Bartolini humbuckers
      Preamp : Warrior-Bartolini NTMB-918 FL first version (18 Volts) with the "tone killer" Sparkle Circuit removed and replaced by a classic gain
      Controls : volume (push-push, yes push-push, active/passive), blend, stacked bass and treble, 3 way mid switch (250 Hz, 500 Hz, 800 Hz), mids
      Tuners : Warrior-Gotoh
      Bridge : Hipshot "A" Style with typical Warrior strings through for B, E and A (they can be fitted at the bridge too)
      Strings spacing at bridge : 16.5 mm
      Nut : bone (new one fitted by Christophe LEDUC when he put the new fretboard)
      Strings spacing at nut : 9 mm
      Knobs : gold metal
      Scale : 34 inches
      Hardware colour : gold
      Truss rod : one single action (fitted by Christophe LEDUC when he put the new fretboard)
      Finish : translucent anointed oil as Warrior calls Tung oil
      Land of craftsmanship : USA
      Serial number : 04886
      Year : 1996
      Weight : 5.493 kilos
      Action : from 1.5 mm under the F string to 2 mm under the B string at 12th position (can go lower, but was perfect for me)

Will come with a brand new Fame fake brown snakeskin hard case (with one key as it was delivered like this), like the ones Warrior used. The bass also comes with a brand new set of Dunlop gold Straplok as it's fitted with the flush mount strap system.

Non-smoking environment as usual.

The bass has been fully set up professionally by Christophe LEDUC when he did the new fretboard fitting, which also received a differential dressing. It has received two new batteries and has been fitted with a brand new set of Pyramid SSSL strings (22 - 27 - 47 - 67 - 87 - 107 - 128).

Long story short, this bass started its life as a fretted, then has been defretted, then refretted, then defretted again and received the last (too much) refretting leaving the fretboard almost non existent. So, I decided to give this bass its original design and it received a thick Amazon rosewood fretboard with classic silver-nickel frets and a new truss rod (4 mm  Allen key) as the original had broken (a common known problem by old Warrior basses). I chose the Amazon rosewood because it's quite close to the Brazilian rosewood when it comes to tone with clear and powerful low mids, thick bass and silk highs, but is also close to purpleheart in terms of colour and tone too (more low mids and less scooped by Amazon rosewood). Couple this with the full Bartolini design and you get a very versatile bass that cuts through the mix. And then the bass started some kind of Tour de France to get back to me, but it's too heavy for me (now), even if it's really easy to play thanks to the quite thin neck with a 16" radius fretboard.

Link to the Warrior Dran Michael basses : https://warriorbass.com/warrior-dranmichael.php

Link to the Warrior-Bartolini page : https://bartolini.net/builder/warrior-instruments/

Link to the Bartolini NTMB-918 FL page : https://bartolini.net/wp-content/uploads/Docs/Electronics/EQs/ArchiveEQs/NTMB-918fl.pdf

Link to the Pyramid strings fitted : https://www.thomann.de/gb/pyramid_7_string_bass_set_sssl_022_128.htm

What you see is what you get !

Look at the photos taken under different angles and light to see the excellent condition of this bass. And yes, the hard case is brown, but it's hard to photograph. The mark at the back of the neck that you can see clearly on the 8th photo is the sugar of the maple that has burned when sanded. This also attests the high quality of the maple used.

Here is the link to the 43 photos in high resolution : https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1OHOI7lEQ6IfqoZj36R-oBoffBRi8__VS?usp=sharing

Don't hesitate to ask for more.
    • By [email protected]
      I bought this new last year. It's only been used a handful of times because I'm playing bass a lot less now. Beautiful natural finish and solid tone with a nice bit of growl typical of Lakland basses. 
      Collection is preferred, but I can ship at extra cost.
      Feel free to message me with any questions. See below for the official blurb.

The 44-64 is modelled after the venerable workhorse '64 P bass. One custom-wound Lakland pickup provides a bruising punch and drive that nails the vintage split humbucker tone, sending it through the roof with full voicing and modern energy. The body and 34" scale maple neck have an excellent balance.
      Specification
      Nut Width: 1.5" Nut Type: Delrin Fret Size: .041/.085" Width at Final Fret: 2.48" 1st Fret Neck Depth: .76" 12th Fret Neck Depth: .94" Fingerboard Radius: 10" Scale Length: 34" Frets: 20 Bridge String Spacing: .78" Neck Wood: Flat-Sawn Rock Maple Body wood: Ash Fingerboard: Fretted Maple Tuners: Hipshot Lisc. Ultra-Lite's Truss Rod Access: Neck Heel: 4mm Hex Pickguard: Black Controls: Volume/Tone Bridge: Lakland Dual Access  

• By Paul S
      I always find the headless, bodiless basses extremely useful.  Usually as back up as they take up very little room on 'stage' or in the car but, often, just for their own sake.  In the past I have bought, sold, rebought, sold again then rebought the Hohner 'B' series a few times, ending with this B2B.  The recent arrival of a Riverhead Unicorn bass has usurped the Hohner, which I am now putting up for sale.
      So, firstly, it isn't a spelling mistake.  This is the B2B, not the B2 or B2A or B2AD or any other letters of the alphabet.  It is a B2B.  It differs from the B2A in that it has PJ pickups, not EMGs.  It is passive and also has a bolt-on neck rather than a set neck - still has the full 2 octave, 24 frets though.  This is the second B2B I have owned - I prefer the more organic sound from the PJ set up (V V T controls) compared to the EMGs of the B2A and it does a passable precision bass tone on the neck pickup.  Blend in more of the bridge pup and you get that classic burpy tone.  The only other difference is that it doesn't have the flip down leg rest thingy.
      The serial number makes it 1990 and, like most 30 year olds, it has signs of use and wear.  Nothing scary.  The pickup poles and adjusting screws show signs of slight corrosion, making me think a previous owner sweated sulphuric acid.  Not a problem, everything works and I am sure they could be cleaned up, I just never considered it important.
      The tuning adjusting screws on the bridge are a bit stiff but work just fine, I put some graphite grease on them when I first got it (it really made my fingers sore trying to tune it!) and that has freed them up OK.  Neck is currently straight.  I've not needed to adjust the truss rod but have no reason to suppose it doesn't work.  A few dinks, nothing bad, worst one is by the input jack and pictured below.  Currently strung with double ball end Status flats, there will be a set of double ball end rounds in the box when it goes out.
      I don't have a hard case for it but it will be packaged well.
      Priced to sell - these usually go for £250+ - at £190 £170 including shipping to UK mainland.  Collect from SS7 and it goes down to £170.  £150
      I happen to be going to Devon on Friday morning - M25 south, M3, A303 - then on to Penzance on Saturday if that helps.  

• By Rollo
      For sale/For Trade a beautiful MTD 535-21 from 1995, very good shape, lightweight (3.7kg) and very rare with this woods configuration.
      It's a bass from second year of the MTD's production (finished in December 1995), delivered with original brown hardcase and Mike's letter.
      Its weight is really surprising for a 5 string and it is very balanced. The sound is filled with growl and presence, lots of low-mids and a really strong character.
      This is according to Tobias, the sound he had in mind when he thought about the evolution he wanted to make by launching this new brand in the early 90s.

Here are specifications :
      Body : Korina, lightweight whith a wonderlful golden color
      Neck : Wenge, quartersawn, one piece, 4 screws bolt-on with asymetric profile
      Fingerboard : One piece of Wenge
      Scale : 35"
      Frets : 21 + 1 frets silver/nickel in perfect shape
      Headstock : 2 + 3 with Wenge veneer
      Nut : Bone
      Pickups : Originals MTD/Bartolini, inverted P pickups
      Preamp : Original MTD/Bartolini, works with two battery, +/-9v configuration
      Controls : Volume/Blend/Bass/Mids/Treble + Mediums frequencies switch 250/400/800 Hz
      Tunes : Originals Gotoh GB707
      Bridge : Original Wilkinson in perfect condition
      Strings Spacing at Bridge : 19mm
      Strings Spacing at Nut : 9mm
      Knobs : MTD
      Hardware color : Black
      Trussrod : One working and perfect set up rod
      Land of Craftsmanship : Handmade in USA
      Weight : 3.7kg

This bass is very easy to play and the weight is super nice when you are standing. The bass has a few strokes and a few marks, but nothing bad for a bass of this age.
      It’s an instrument that has been played and that resonates wonderfully. The sound is typical MTD, with snap and an unbeatable slap sound. The woods used really offer a very ample and imposing sound, with a very good definition and a really important presence in a mix.

You can see pictures in full HD here : https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/18LL6pQFNSi13FkmicCoRCf_hwKYAFCxp?usp=sharing
      And listen a lots of soundclips here : https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1lENbaYYXVDuhg6jlYJiZX5azU6uf8fj3?usp=sharing
      Don’t hesitate if you want additional photos or soundclips.

For exchanges I am quite open, I am interested in fretted or fretless basses, from 4 to 6 strings.
      Rather looking for a Fbass, Leduc, Ken Smith, or whatever...
      Submit !

For information :
      Price new in 1995: $ 3500 + $ 300 (Wenge neck and fingerboard) + $ 300 (Korina body) + $ 140 (Hardcase) = $ 4240 or current $ 7240 with dollar inflation
      Current new price: $ 5,200 + $ 500 (Wenge neck and fingerboard) + $ 300 (Korina body) + $ 450 (Hardcase) = $ 6,450

3200£ is for average trade value.
      For straight sale, price is negociable.

Bomb-proof shipping OK

• By edirelandbass
      Slightly unusual 80s Ibanez Blazer,

Jazz pickup, battery cavity (empty) and metal scratch plate added before it got to me. 

I bought this bass because I wanted a fretted neck for my other (fretless) Blazer. I switched them and the neck that is now on this bass was professionally defretted by The Bass Gallery, Camden.

I’ve wired it up so that one pot controls the volume of each pickup, lots of scope for adding more knobs, active electronics etc, I just don’t have the time. Sounds great as it is, especially the Precision pickup - my other Blazer is my main bass.

Currently strung with flats (I think Pyramid Golds)

Cash on Collection from East London