Why become a member? ×
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

This is frying my brain!!

rasher80

Anybody out there know what the differences are between these two? The descriptions seem identical.

I think there used to be a 22 fret version but they're both 21 fret. My little pea brain can't see what it is!

https://www.guitarguitar.co.uk/product/170208307497008--music-man-sterling-ray4-black-lh-mn

https://www.guitarguitar.co.uk/product/190610344764008--music-man-sterling-sub-series-ray4-left-handed-black

Screenshot_20200726-205153_Samsung Internet.jpg

Picture on the left appears to be of a USA Music Man Sterling, not to be confused with the "Sterling by Music Man" basses (of which series the SUB is a part). 

Edit: When you click the one of the left you're taken to a page picturing the right bass. Does not explain the difference in price though, the description is indeed of the same bass. 

Edited by LeftyJ
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, LeftyJ said:

Picture on the left appears to be of a USA Music Man Sterling, not to be confused with the "Sterling by Music Man" basses (of which series the SUB is a part). 

Edit: When you click the one of the left you're taken to a page picturing the right bass. Does not explain the difference in price though, the description is indeed of the same bass. 

Ahh I see that now, it's got the selector switch on it. Weird

So it turns out the cheaper of the two is the older model with the large SUB logo and more unwieldy preamp (supposedly - I've never played one!)

Be easier to just include a stock photo of the previous model - save a daft old sod like me from getting confused! xD

Now where did I leave my slippers.....?