Why become a member? ×

FAAAAAAAAAKE

11 hours ago, Dan Dare said:

The photo of it sitting on the leatherette sofa in front of the torn 1970s wallpaper adds a touch of class, don't you think?

I think Andy Travis is right about some not being as able to spot a wrong 'un as others, so despite my earlier comment, I've reported it as counterfeit to evilBay, too.

Looks like it's been taken down now

39 minutes ago, prowla said:

This listing was ended by the seller because there was an error in the listing.

He's not joking is he! I sent him a pretty terse message about it because it whizzed me off that despite having reported it to eBay, as had quite a few others, eBay being eBay had done FA (after all, it wasn't a fake Rickenbacker). My sense is that it's going to reappear as a Fender Custom Shop Bass :) 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, prowla said:

.....but the RIC Police seem to have stepped back as well.

Yes they have haven't they, or perhaps eBay are just not responding to these things any more. Ric threatened legal action a few times I believe, I wonder if eBay or another organisation called their bluff? As I understood it Ric were trying to impose bans on pretty much anything that resembled one of their products without reference to the specifics of their copyright?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Beedster said:

He's not joking is he! I sent him a pretty terse message about it because it whizzed me off that despite having reported it to eBay, as had quite a few others, eBay being eBay had done FA (after all, it wasn't a fake Rickenbacker). My sense is that it's going to reappear as a Fender Custom Shop Bass :) 

I shall keep my eyes peeled. Anyone would think I spent all day looking at basses on eBay 😂

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, Beedster said:

Yes they have haven't they, or perhaps eBay are just not responding to these things any more. Ric threatened legal action a few times I believe, I wonder if eBay or another organisation called their bluff? As I understood it Ric were trying to impose bans on pretty much anything that resembled one of their products without reference to the specifics of their copyright?

Ric's headstock, TRC, and some of the body shape are trademarked.

Their brand name and logo are too, of course, so anything non-RIC bearing that logo is counterfeit.

Edited by prowla