Why become a member? ×

Another new band..now need to find a name..first gig soon !!

tonybassplayer

The singer from my function band wants to form a rock band so we have our first rehearsal tonight with a drummer and guitarist we have yet to meet so could be a fun ( or rubbish ) night

Had to spend the last week or so watching youtube vids of scantily clad ladies ( Pink, Skunk Anansie, Cheryl Crowe etc ) to learn the set so could have been worse

Need to get back to practising and will let you know how it goes :)

Edited by tonybassplayer

[quote name='tonybassplayer' post='434151' date='Mar 13 2009, 08:43 PM']Just heard from the singer and she has booked us a gig on Sat May the 2nd so we have 6 weeks from first meeting to first gig !! looks like I am going to be busy :rolleyes:[/quote]

Great news fella! Good luck for 2nd May! :)

We're doing the opposite to you. My rock band is about to become a wedding/function band. I still have my main wedding band and the guys know that it takes priority and they are happy with that.

We're looking to be playing the weddings in the main wedding season and the rock stuff at the other times of the year.

How about picking the title of a track or a line from a track that you do? That's how i got the name for our rock band

The joys of picking a good band name, hard isn't it!
My band started off as Daddio, then JamJar & after several crap names ended up at Frigorifico. I can't pronounce my Rs, so I think my singer (who came up with the name) is taking the peepee. I do like the name tho.