Why become a member? ×

D*A*M

katri

I have an Ezekiel too - sparkly blue one, and it's awesome.

I bought it to replace a rat that got a bit too muddy for my liking, and it does that perfectly plus more.

I must have bought it in a quiet period though, because it was £100 on ebay in 2006 - boxed and everything.

Rich

Big fan of D*A*M pedals here, there ace! :)

Both the Ezekiel and Ram Head have been discontinued though. The Zeke was too complex a build, and they considered that there were too many other Big Muff clones out there. Even though the Ram Head is head and shoulders above most of the clones IMO.

The early, single knob Meathead's were very bass-y & bass friendly, there was a bass variant called "The Shrew", but there were only 3 examples built. The later Meathead's are still pretty good for the bass though. The 3 knob Meathead Deluxe is worth checking out, it's dabbling in RAT territory, but still an aggresive sounding fuzz with more "tweakability" than the single knob version. If you're after that "power valve distortion" type sound, then a Sonic Titan might be worth a try, I haven't tried it on bass, but it sounds immense on guitar. Then there's always the MkII Tone Bender clone...

That £100 Ezekiel really was a steal!

• 1 year later...

The Zeke is a killer pedal I own one and its my main bass distortion. The Rams Head is also killer, I'm borrowing one from Mr Main at the moment and its awesome on both the bass and guitar, if you want a huge fuzz D*A*M have now re released the early one knob Meatheads that are bass heavy, its called the Meathead dark and it also rocks. The Super Bee is ok on Bass but not my first choice.

100pounds is a steal for a zeke, I got mine for 160 which is also a steal haha

Edited by Arrakis