Why become a member? ×

Hagstrom Beluga IIf

thebeat

Bought this for me barfday on Thursday...sort of self commiseration present :)

Lovely sounds can be had from this one...not sure if the F hole is serving any function other than lightening up the bass though. Neck is oiled maple and very nice to play...somewhere between a jazz and p in shape. Apparently this bass is very good for slap but as i don't slap unless provoked i really couldn'y say....very growly when favouring the bridge pup, but also has plenty of deep lows...liking it a lot...though it remains to be seen if it stays :rolleyes:

Edited by thebeat

[quote name='BigRedX' post='431803' date='Mar 11 2009, 07:06 PM']Just had a look at the Hagstrom web site and that particular model doesn't appear to be available in that finish. Custom order?

BTW anyone know where these basses are being made?[/quote]

They're made in Ch*%a...but you could never tell :) Seriously though, they are finished well. As for the finish it's Tobacco Burst and the only other one i've seen in this finish had a humbucker at the bridge and a jazz style pup at the neck...not sure what the score with this one is.