Why become a member? ×

Absolute steal Laney N410

2 hours ago, stewblack said:

Oh and by the way don't forget you have two separate amps in that box. Get a smaller cab fir the highs and you can have all sorts of fun. 

One last thing. Pictures please! 

Will pop it out onto balcony int' Sun tomorrow and do some pics (with my 2 nicer Basses ) Suspect I might also check the acoustics on the tiled staircase/blow away the drifts of Skunk wafting up from the kiddies below.

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 01/06/2020 at 20:26, stewblack said:

Oh and by the way don't forget you have two separate amps in that box. Get a smaller cab fir the highs and you can have all sorts of fun. 

One last thing. Pictures please! 

Decided Central London was a place to escape today, took all of the stuff up to a friend's practice space early this morning (borrowed a friend's estate car). Did some bi- amping experimentation, wound the amp output down a bit on one of his nice guitar cabs for the highs. Also did the 4 bass cabs thing on split full range. Holy Moly that is more than 500 watts, think I might have bruised Kidneys! His Rickenbacker sounded so good along with his nice Jaguar. However my Sire M2 more than held its own, those pickups and pre amp kick out some output (needed to wind the gain back). My KSD 5er (Audere Pre) with new d'Addario Tapewounds  sounds simply massive. Thank you for the Amp sir. Have just put in a bid on a Laney N115, moving the Trace 1818 is rather a trial!

• Like 1

Just now, stewblack said:

Understatement of 2020 contender right there

Yeah I know, it was living up 64 steps here till today.!!! However it does do b-strings in an inimitable fashion ! Had invested in a nice quality 8 metre instrument lead so we were able to retire to a safe distance. The fan was on high setting for a while, things were rather silly for a bit !!

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, stewblack said:

Understatement of 2020 contender right there

If and when it comes back home I'll get one of those electric powered washing machine trolleys for the occasion ! The penalty of a midlife crisis Rig. TBH with the handle on the head  I'm not bothered about moving it. Took it back home today. Have now taken out some insurance for all this stuff.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, la bam said:

The n410 and n15 would be massive!

Hope I get it, can halt Cab G.A.S after that and commence an effects fetish instead !! Can you see my photo link above O.K btw. Can't seem to get my head round the Tech unless it was "made in Essex" and concrete heavy.!!

Yes, the photo looks good. The n115 is a bit shorter than the 410 so will be a lot easier to transport than the trace!

They will also have been designed to work with each other so should be a great sound. 

Edited by la bam

1 hour ago, la bam said:

Yes, the photo looks good. The n115 is a bit shorter than the 410 so will be a lot easier to transport than the trace!

They will also have been designed to work with each other so should be a great sound. 

Yes, hope I get it, even if bid is only a fiver less than the N410. The Trace sounds incredible and works very well with the Laney (full tweeter) but is bloody awkward for sure. Too small to be carried comfortably by 2 people but emphatically too heavy for 1 person. Oddly the head's weight doesn't worry me so much, stout padded handle on side and residual core strength (used to be a Rower !!). Along with it seeming Bomb Proof. Heavy Amp Lightweight Cabs. And all for less than the cost of even a modest Barefaced, Result.