Why become a member? ×

Zoom h2 Recordings

Mattplaysbass

Im looking into buying a zoom h2, mainly for recording gigs/practices and reviewing them after but also to maybe use the recordings on myspace etc if they are of a decent enough quality.

The problem is I have been unable to find any recordings with a complete band and vocals on, theres loads of videos on youtube but they all seem to be just the drums or guitar. If anyone has any or knows where I can listen to some recordings of full songs inc vocals that would be great :)

Cheers, Matt

I haven't bought a zoom... but I have got a Tascam one... and I have to say, a digital recorder sounds spot on for what you want to do. I am gobsmacked at the quality of the recordings out of these little things. The recordings I have heard from the H2 and pretty impressive. For the price, you can't go wrong.

Here you go, Matt.

This is exactly what came off the H4.

Jan 2009. Small venue with a decent PA. H4 on its stand 8ft up on a shelf on a central pillar, about 30ft from the stage.

Sorry, forgot to zero it so there's 30 secs of silence before any sound.

EDIT: Erm, all songs copyright 2008 Krupa

Cheers

Edited by silddx

Matt,

I have plenty of recordings of a full band with an H2 - I use mine at our rehearsals. Trouble is, we're using the recordings as reference material (how did we sort out that tricky turnaround after the third verse, etc.) so they're very rough unbalanced cuts - there's always far too much drums or bass or something.

If that's the sort of thing you're after, PM me and I'll ping you some. If you're thinking more in terms of hi-fi recordings then I can't help.

[quote name='silddx' post='429331' date='Mar 9 2009, 01:24 PM']Here you go, Matt.

Jan 2009. Small venue with a decent PA. H4 on its stand 8ft up on a shelf on a central pillar, about 30ft from the stage.

Cheers[/quote]

That's really good quality considering the device. It's quite expensive for what it does but I think you're paying for the convenience/simplicity.

[quote name='silddx' post='429331' date='Mar 9 2009, 01:24 PM']Here you go, Matt.

Cheers[/quote]

Cheers mate thats exactly what I was after :) great quality for what it is! Thing is will there be a substatial difference with that been the H4 compared to the H2?

Happy Jack PM sent wanting to get as much stuff as possible before I decide on it

[quote name='Mattplaysbass' post='429622' date='Mar 9 2009, 06:20 PM']Cheers mate thats exactly what I was after :) great quality for what it is! Thing is will there be a substatial difference with that been the H4 compared to the H2?

Happy Jack PM sent wanting to get as much stuff as possible before I decide on it[/quote]

I think the only difference is the H4 is 4trk, but check the Zoom spec sheets.

I will say, our drummer has been a pro musician and producer for over 25 years and he reckons it's one one of the most useful bits of kit he's ever bought.