Richard Jinman

SOLD Sire V7 Marcus Miller Second Gen £280 sale or trade
£280
Babcary, Somerset

Posted (edited)

Up for sale is my Sire V7 Marcus Miller Second Gen 4-string bass with the Sire gig bag. The bass is a natural and is essentially in new condition as shown by the pictures I hope. I can't see a mark or a ding on it which shouldn't be too surpising because I've only had it 3 months and the guy I bought it from says he purchased it new from Anderton's this year. So why am I selling? It's not an entirely (or even slightly) rational reason considering I've only started playing this year and the Sire is more bass than I need at my level. I love the jazz bass format and I've decided I want a passive jazz and I want to spend a bit of money to get something I love. So on the off chance someone has a nice Fender Jazz - I'd love an American standard - and wants to trade I'd be happy to do a trade and cash deal for instruments worth up to £900. It seems unlikely however, so I suspect it will be a straight sale. I'm in Somerset so I'm happy to courier the instrument at buyer's cost to anywhere in the UK (and the EU as well I guess). 

I haven't photographed the gig bag, but its pristine like the bass. I know people are going to ask how much it weighs, but I don't have any scales here unfortunately. Hoping that information is available online. As far as I know the bass is completely standard so the spec will be as below: 

Body

Body Material: Swamp Ash / North American Alder

Pickguard: Ivory Pearl  / Tortoise

Neck

Neck Material: 1 Piece Hard Maple

Neck Shape: C-Shape

Scale: 34”

Fingerboard: Hard Maple / Ebony

Fingerboard Radius: 9.5”

Frets: Medium, 20 Frets

String Nut: Natural Bone

Neck Joint: 4 Bolt Steel Square Plate

Electronics

Pickups: Marcus Super Jazz Advanced

Electronics: Marcus Heritage - 3 with Middle-Frequency Control

Controls: Volume / Tone (Dual Pot), Pickup Blender, Treble, Middle / Middle Frequency (Dual Pot), Bass, Mini Toggle (Active / Passive )

Hardware

Knobs: Jazz Type Black Plastic

Bridge: Heavy Mass Standard

Tuning Gear: Premium Open-Gear

Hardware Finish: Chrome

_A7A2742Sire_.jpg

_A7A2744Sire_.jpg

_A7A2745Sire_.jpg

_A7A2756Sire_.jpg

_A7A2758Sire_.jpg

_A7A2759Sire_.jpg

_A7A2760Sire_.jpg

_A7A2761Sire_.jpg

_A7A2749Sire_.jpg

_A7A2751Sire_.jpg

Edited by Richard Jinman
price not in title

Would you be able to post / courier and if so how much? Collection would be impossible at the moment.

Yes, happy to post, but another guy in Manchester also wants it. I’ll check cost of postage and see who wants to go ahead and buy.

Hermes is quoting £16.49 to deliver - if it was picked up tomorrow you'd get it on Monday. I'd also need to buy a bass box because it seems unwise to send it in just the gig bag. They're £14. I think the Hermes price only includes £25 of insurance cover so you'd need to think about whether you want to take a chance on that or cover replacement value. Cheers, Richard

Please don’t use Hermes.  Pay the extra - sent one fully insured same price for £27 with UPS collected from my doorstep. Next day delivery.  Hermes lose parcels as a matter of course in my experience.  Had many sleepless nights due to their rubbish service.

12 hours ago, Kevdbass said:

Please don’t use Hermes.  Pay the extra - sent one fully insured same price for £27 with UPS collected from my doorstep. Next day delivery.  Hermes lose parcels as a matter of course in my experience.  Had many sleepless nights due to their rubbish service.

Kev sent a bass to me via UPS was spot on quick and no damage 

This topic is now closed to further replies.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By d_g
      I'm selling my Poller 3/4 (standard) size double bass. Really great bass for students or jazz/rockabilly. I gigged it professionally for several years before upgrading.
      It's made in Romania in the early 90s. It has been my backup bass for the last few years but I can’t justify keeping two at the moment.
      Makes a great bass for a student or an electric bass player taking up upright - I’ve gigged it and and it is very light so great for carrying around to gigs etc. I’ll include a soft case and realist pickup, and I can probably find a spare double bass stand if you would like one too.
      Price drop to £895 and open to sensible offers and happy to reduce the price a bit if you don't want the pickup or other extras!
      I'm currently located in North London for now but moving shortly to Kingston area and also am in Bucks and Sussex a lot so delivery around the south east is possible. You are welcome to come for a socially distanced play in the garden but serious buyers only please. Any questions let me know!
      Many thanks
      Dan

• By Baloney Balderdash
      So how long have you been playing bass, and why did you start?
      I think I started playing bass around when I was around 16 or so, a couple of years after I had started to learn how to play guitar, which makes the time I have played bass about 27 years by now, most of that time having had bass as my main instrument of choice, although having continued to play guitar on the sideline all along.
      It all started one day at band rehearsal where I by pure incident picked up the bass players bass and started playing, fell in love with the sound and feel of playing it, right there on the spot, and soon after answered an add by a drummer and a guitarist/vocalist seeking a bass player for their original band.
      After an audition session I got accepted as their new bass player, and even got a lot of praise for my capabilities on bass from the drummer, who happened to be a, for his age at that point, really skilled musician that knew how to sight read music, and who beside drums, played both piano and guitar on the sideline (that drummer and guitarist/vocalist being the same two people, though in a new different original band, that I much later since recorded a 2 track Single and a 4 track EP with, which were released on a small independent record label that some of our mutual friends owned, before I eventually decided to leave that band, much to my later regret, though I did get to contribute to a few of the compositions of their later full length album, even if not recording anything for it).
      The first few months with that first original band I didn't even own my own bass yet, but had to borrow one.
      Though soon after I decided to put my primary focus on playing bass over playing guitar.
      For some reason playing bass just came much more natural to me than playing guitar, like the instrument just felt exactly right in my hands, and as if I must have been thinking much more like a bass player than a guitarist all along, like apparently I just had a natural understanding for how the instrument worked and talent for coming up with and playing just the right bass parts for songs relatively effortlessly, that I for some reason just didn't possess on even just remotely the same level and same degree on guitar (even if eventually I have gotten quite good on guitar too, but ironically mainly from the experience I have acquired playing bass).

• By mart3442
      Final price drop: £1500 to go

Bought from a fellow basschatter a couple of years ago. A very late '77/early '78 factory fretless Fender Precision. (Serial no says 1977, neck and pickup dates say 1978)....
      In great condition for a 42 year old Bass, the finish has sunk into the grain in parts on the body, a few little marks here and there, and some lacquer chips on the headstock, but no major dings anywhere.
      Judging by the crazing in the headstock lacquer, I'd say it's been finished in nitro cellulose.
      The scratchplate has a slight warp in it, which isn't unusal for this era.
      The nut has been changed to brass, a long time ago from the looks of it, and likewise, the bridge barrels have also been replaced with brass items. Other than those, and some of the scratchplate and pickup screws, this is a very original instrument.
      The fingerboard has just been reshot and dressed to the correct radius by Mike Smith Guitars, Southport, and is a lovely piece of highly grained Rosewood, in perfect condition, that plays like new.
      Weight is typical Fender fretless fare, I'd say between 9 and 10 pounds. Not as heavy as the maple necked one I sold on here a few years ago, but meaty enough.
      A semi rigid case is included with the Bass, but for an extra £60, I'll throw in a Hiscox instead.
      Happy to courier, (I estimate £30-35 with insurance extra), or any buyer may collect.
      Any questions, please ask.
      Cheers.
      Mart

• By King Tut
      For sale is my beautiful V7 Five String. I only bought this in case I ever needed a fiver for an awkward keyed song. I absolutely love the bass but can't get on with the neck width at the nut, I have tiny hands. It's never been gigged - in fact, it hasn't left the house, so it's immaculate, blemish free, in fact I'd go so far as to say it's almost virginal in its innocence. OK I'll stop waffling sorry.
      She's Ash bodied - looks like two piece with a maple board and pearloid block inlays. She weighs in at a reassuring 10.2lb
      I'm not really looking for trades but may be interested in something short scale, particularly if it were japaneezy and Mustang shaped.
      I'm based in sunny Milton Keynes and you're welcome to come over for a socially distanced tryout, or I can post at your expense and risk.

• By Pedro_Mendonca
      In March I decides to record my first bass cover. It was a process that I really enjoyed. Hope you like it!
      https://youtu.be/eCLequicNvo