Why become a member? ×

HRD

lownote

Head Return Day. Looking forward to the return of my 30 year old Ashdown 300 Evo II head from House of Ashdown, hopefully tomoz.  Amazing customer service. Let's compare with my Markbass head I broke a while back.

MB

Q:  Who can fix my LM2 head?

A:  You're 'aving a giraffe, int'ya?

Ashdown

Q:  Can you fix my head?

A: Certainly. The day after we get it we'll replace your fan, check everything else and in a friendly way guide you through how to use the EQ properly.  Then we'll send it straight back and we won't charge you."

Edited by lownote12
  • Like 2

I think they are a bit like comparing apples and oranges, the MB head is digital and hence far more complex and less cost effective to repair, the Ashdown is old school electronics, more easily and cheaply fixed than digital gear.

I am not saying it is right but I am not surprised by your post. 

I have an LM3 head and am fully comfortable with the fact that when it does finally go pop I will be very sad but will be buying a new one.

I gave up on markbass a few years back. All I wanted to do was to BUY some rack ears from them. Went through them, their official email, official facebook, etc etc. Didnt even get a reply. Result - goodbye markbass.

Ashdown on the other hand - superb.

Edited by la bam