Why become a member? ×

Anyone using EMG pickups or have an active bass?

WHUFC BASS

Firstly, I'm not connected to this seller in any way shape or form but I've bought from him in the past and the product he's selling was great for my guitars but they could also be used for bass. its a 24v battery pack that's the size of a 12v battery. I know EMG pickups are rated at 27 volts but are mostly run at either 9v or 12v. This little mod increases the voltage and doesn't half make a difference to the tone and sound. Not sure if it'll work for other pickups, you'd need to check what voltage they can be run at.

Link is here, not sure if I'm breaking any rules... please feel free to move, zap or smite me down if I've done wrong...

[url="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/EMG-pickups-24-v-modification-for-81-85-60-S-SA-Bass_W0QQitemZ300293260667QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Guitar_Accessories?hash=item300293260667&_trksid=p3911.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1683|66%3A2|65%3A12|39%3A1|240%3A1318"]24 Volt Modification[/url]

Edited by WHUFC BASS

18v make enough of a change, don't think a few more volt makes much on top of that, and it cab be done for less than £2: [url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=39906&hl=18v+mod"]In this thread.[/url]
Not had trouble gitting two batteries in, well, had some trouble, but it was doable after stirring up the spaghetti monster wiring in my heavily modded sg some.

Maybe I should have made this clearer.. there's no routing or wiring involved, the battery pack simply takes up the space of one 9v battery and delivers 24v. The battery in the picture on the right is for size comparision. No need to wire anything, it just slips in like a normal battery.

Edited by WHUFC BASS