Why become a member? ×

Meatball

sshorepunk

[quote name='sshorepunk' post='413797' date='Feb 19 2009, 12:25 AM']It landed today, but utd kicked fulahm and I watched it in pub, still got meatball to do funk, advise from anyone who has owned one before would be appreciated

T[/quote]

I haven't had a Meatball but I've got a Meatwad...

If the Meatwad is anything to go by, the first half of the "Colour" (resonance) knob will usually be more than enough!

Make sure the decay is always set higher than the attack. Attack is about the only control I never touch (well, that and the hi/band/lo-pass switch). I just leave Attack on zero.

The majority of the tweaking involves balancing the Sensitivity, Intensity and Decay knobs how you want them.

Two switches on the right: You'll probably find that on bass the low-pass filter with the frequency switch set to "Lo" are usually the best settings, but switching the upper switch to "Hi" is useful if you're running a fuzz before the filter or in its FX loop - it brings out much more of the crunch.

IMO it sounds best with low sensitivity settings, but that might be my basses.

If you want to use an exp. pedal with it, the Bespeco VM-18 or VM-19 is recommended by Lovetone. They're cheap.

The down sweep works just as well as the up sweep. Unlike some filters (*cough* Q-Tron *cough*)

The biggest problem you're going to have is remembering all the cool settings you find. Have fun. ;)

Edited by thisnameistaken

[quote name='Toasted' post='415021' date='Feb 20 2009, 09:22 AM']It's all about the "blend" control, Tony ;)[/quote]

Yes, it is, getting it dialled now, it's sooo playable, makes you wanna explore dynamics more than ever

My new board is killer and this is the icing on the cake

Tony

[quote name='burno70' post='415017' date='Feb 20 2009, 09:16 AM']Hey thanks for those Meatwad settings Thisnameistaken, I set my 'wad up a little differently but your settings are miles better! (I've never actually set the attack to zero before and it makes a huge difference!) I'm in squelchy burp heaven!

ta very much:)[/quote]

Nice one. ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Had a good play with the Meat ball!

If you want an easy to use filter, look elsewhere, spend some time with it though and it all becomes much clearer, it does need time!!

Currently set as follows...

Filter UP

1/2 trigger

The pots are scaled 1 - 10

sens - 4

attack - 0

Decay - 6

colour - 7

Intens - 7.5

Blend - 7.5

filter - next stop up from low

and the pot with the squiglly lines on is far right

colour and blend are key, sens works well for controlling the filter opening, set low produces some great sub bass, room shaking tones

Happy days

Tony