Why become a member? ×

Songs with Odd Time Signatures

mcgraham

Eleven by Primus

Hold out your hand by Chris Squire - I'm not actually sure if it is in a different time signature but its pretty strange and not helped by Bill bruford's unique style of playing - pretty much the rest of the ablum as has been mentioned.

most of the other ones I know have already been mentioned

[quote name='Lfalex v1.1' post='629007' date='Oct 17 2009, 10:09 PM']Is it me or do many odd signatures not flow as well as even ones? "Money" is a bit of an exception.[/quote]

Solsbury Hill! It grooves like mad, esp. the Secret World Live DVD version.

edited to add: written and sung by the failed and sacked Genesis vocalist, naturally.

Edited by nobody's prefect

You'll find loads in 70s Genesis, Crimson and Yes: Firth of Fifth, Battle of Epping Forest, The Cinema Show, Dance on a Volcano (the ending of the Trick of the Tail version), Robbery Assault and Battery, Deep in the Motherlode; Awaken, Gates of Delirium; Starless, Schizoid Man (bonus points for Discipline - everyone's playing in a different time sig)

[quote name='tauzero' post='415338' date='Feb 20 2009, 03:22 PM']Tubular Bells - main theme. I think it's 4/4 with one 3/4 bar every other time through so it drops a note.[/quote]
My transcription has 7/8 with an occasional bar of 9/8 thrown in. Sounds perfectly natural, which is the main thing.