Why become a member? ×

xbox games?

lobematt

• 1 month later...

[quote name='dannybuoy' post='463124' date='Apr 15 2009, 04:19 PM']If you've got an old nice sized IDE hard drive lying about, I can mod your XBOX, fit the bigger drive and fill it up with games...[/quote]

I bet you say that to all the ladies :)

It's well worth doing, I have several modded XBOX consoles (hard and soft modded ones) and it's not just games they're great for. I use them for XBOX Media Centre to listen to music, watch pretty much any video format, connect to BBC iplayer, Youtube. Also have some pretty cool emulators.

• 1 month later...

Yep modding is well worth doing, I use XBMC and intend to rip some games to the hard drive.

Another great thing is that you can link an xbox & 360, perfect for using your old console to play networked games :)

How do you go about upgrading the hard drive by the way? I thought it was a special format?

[quote name='Rowbee' post='463282' date='Apr 15 2009, 06:38 PM']It's well worth doing, I have several modded XBOX consoles (hard and soft modded ones) and it's not just games they're great for. I use them for XBOX Media Centre to listen to music, watch pretty much any video format, connect to BBC iplayer, Youtube. Also have some pretty cool emulators.[/quote]

Which script do you use for XBMC to get iPlayer? I haven't seen one that actually streams yet.

[quote name='dr.funk' post='494154' date='May 21 2009, 12:39 PM']Yep modding is well worth doing, I use XBMC and intend to rip some games to the hard drive.

Another great thing is that you can link an xbox & 360, perfect for using your old console to play networked games :)

How do you go about upgrading the hard drive by the way? I thought it was a special format?[/quote]

You need to use a gamesave exploit to get the encryption key from the hard drive, then use XBOXHDM to format a new drive an lock it with the key. It's a bit fiddly as there's a lot of out of date tutorials out there! I can dig out more info and all the software used if you're interested...

• 4 weeks later...

[quote name='dr.funk' post='494155' date='May 21 2009, 12:40 PM']Which script do you use for XBMC to get iPlayer? I haven't seen one that actually streams yet.[/quote]

I think I just did a search in Google Code for "XBMC iplayer script" - I guess you have to have an up to date version of XBMC for it to work properly. If you can't find it then PM me and I'll locate it and email it to you.

I've also recently used mine to watch streaming football over Sopcastx on my PC onto XBMC.