Why become a member? ×

Trace Elliot Gear

overwater#1

I'll probably close this thread shortly, as I really dont know if this is the right thing to do... I love my Trace Elliot gear!! I figured theres no harm in putting a thread on here anyway, and see what kind of interest it generates, although the way things are going lately with bass gear, I dont think its going to go anywhere...

Anyway, just a feeler... I have a Trace Elliot AH400SMX, 1048 4x10 cab and 1153 1x15 cab full stack. Also I have my beloved V-type 4x8 combo which if a tempting trade comes up, I may part with it, although i'd rather I didnt part with it, or any of this gear! As I am a Trace Elliot nut through and through!!!

Pretty much all my gigs nowadays don't require a rig of such size, I play with professional big bands, smaller jazz ensembles i.e 7 piece bands, a high rate soul band, and lots of theatre work in pit orchestras. I've never actually gigged the whole Trace stack in an environment where its been neccesary, as large rock kinda gigs aren't my scene.

With these kinda gigs, I really need a smaller gig. I'm not all that bothered about weight.. a lightweight rig is just a bonus. Something more than perfect for my needs is the David Eden rig that Crez is selling, i.e I could use the combo for pit work. I really want a rig, combo or separates, although head prefferably, that inludes a 2x10 enclosure, as thats my ideal cab!!

I'm looking to trade my gear/some of, or something, for a smaller rig like described above. Something David Eden, MarkBass, Aguilar, Epifani, whatever.. something smaller, but still powerful, and ideal for my use. If anyone fancies a trade, or might be able to look at a deal in some way, let me know. I'd probably have to look at meeting up at my place, but its all negotiable.

Just a feeler like I say, if anyone fancies offering something. If not, I'm perfectly happy with the Trace rigs for now, but sometime in the future I'm going to have to look at this move.

Thanks very much guys!! ;)

Best wishes,

Matt

Ampeg BA210?

USA assembled. Says 200w, but I reckon 125 'Trace' watts.
Not the goofy effects processor China thing.

Wheels, top handle, side handles.
It is a lift, but not as bad as a 4x10 cab...

Found this...http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=1739

Or you could have a Series 6 AH200 head on the wee Series 6 1x15 cab.
Sweeeet.

Edited by Thornybank

I'd love an Acme Low B-2! They sound like great cabs!! I've never seen them in the UK though? I'd trade some gear for one or two of them, without doubt!
If I could get a pair of smaller, possibly lighter cabs, with a larger frequency response than the Trace Elliots, then I'd be tempted to use them with my AH400SMX head, which to be honest id great!

Actually, I did used to spend a lot of time doing that kinda thing.. my Dad is a trained joiner/carpenter. Hmmm actually, Im gonna weigh all that up to build one! How much cash does it cost all told?

Where abouts are you based? Coach and Horses? Freckleton? Are you local :P

Cheers! Matt ;)

:) I'm a Sangrownun' by birth but the pub crawl has led me to Surrey at the moment! ;)

I actually cheated on the Omni15TB and bought it from David L Perry. I have all the components waiting to be glued together for an OmniTop 2x12 and a Titan39, but haven't got my finger out yet to build them :P

Without checking the receipts, I'm guessing Bill's cabs cost between £150 - £300 each to put together depending on which one you choose to give birth to.

If the trams still go as far as Preston you might want to PM David, but I'm not sure what cabs he's running ATM.

I am pretty much at the point of regretting putting this thread on here, as I really do love my Trace Elliot gear, and couldn't bear to part with any, especially the 4x8 combo, which I will probably never sell! It's just tempting with seeing all these small lightweight enclosures and heads that are about, and to be honest, I could do with some more low end depth, with using ERBs. I might still be tempted at doing a deal of some sort if something tempting comes along, and I will be PMing you now mr TraceBass! ;)