Dandelion

Scarce 5 String NT Thunderbird £350 (ish?) Collected, trade options available.
£375
Scunthorpe

Epiphone T - Bird Pro 5 string.  These are neck heavy and need a nice thick strap to stop them diving.  But, this is a nice example. There is one tiny ding on the edge as seen in the third photo.  About 4.6 kgs. 

Bass is active, full info available on the Web

Case not included, as I need it for my other Thunderbird.. I will find an old gig bag if required.  

May trade for loud class D Amp? Or a decent 1980s vintage bass.? Matsumotu? 

Straight trade for tidy Yammy BB425x

I can travel half way within reason. 

Feel free to ask questions..

IMG_20200322_150317.jpg

IMG_20200322_150332.jpg

IMG_20200322_150327.jpg

IMG_20200322_150339.jpg

IMG_20200322_150417.jpg

Edited by Dandelion
  • Like 1

Hi,

When you’ve sold it Dandelion you can buy my BB1025X !

See advert just below yours  ( Sat 18th eve ).

Good luck with your sale.

No neck dive on the BB1025X and very quiet (No Hiss Hum )passive pickups which are more powerful than most of my active basses. Loads of major thump if you need to call on it. 

Cheers and keep safe all.

Edited by Quent
Typo ,quiet.

Quent...
Your BB1025x is exactly what I need, right down to the colour...

If, I can convince the wife to let me buy it before the TBird sells you will be the first to know. Take care.

8 hours ago, Dandelion said:

If, I can convince the wife to let me buy it before the TBird sells you will be the first to know. Take care.

If you manage this can you post some tips, my missus just doesn't get how I need to buy more bass kit.

Now sale only.  Cos I bought Quents BB1025x 😀😀😀
 Which is top banana.. 🍌🍌🍌

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Sibob
      Hi all,
      Back up for cash sale, only trade options would be an Elrick standard Jazz 5 (not sunburst).
      I love this Evolution, sounds awesome, light swamp ash body and looks great. It's a solid 9/10 for condition I'd say. A couple of small indentations, but nothing I'm able to photograph well. Stock, these basses come with Bartolini single-coils, however I've swapped those out for Bartolini dual coils that came direct from Rob Elrick.
      So spec is:
      35″ scale
      Swamp Ash Body
      8.5 Lbs (approx)
      Satin Matte Black Finish
      3-piece Quarter-Sawn Maple Neck
      Ebony Fretboard
      24 frets
      2-way adjustable truss rod
      Bartolini hum cancelling Dual-coil soapbar pickups (Made in the USA)
      Bartolini 3-band pre-amp w/3-way mid and active bypass (Made in the USA)
      Fully shielded control cavity
      Black Hipshot Ultra-light tuners
      Black Elrick bridge – by Hipshot (Made in the USA)
      Dunlop Dual Design strap buttons (Straplok compatible!) (Made in the USA)

£1550 - I'll include a Fusion Urban gig bag in excellent condition!
      £1500 - No Case
      Shipping would be difficult just at the moment, but we can talk about it as an extra cost, but happy to organise a socially distanced handover as a preference.
      UK only for now.

Cheers
      Si
    • By cetera
      SOLD!!

I custom ordered this beauty approx 18 months ago from Bass Direct and I love it..... but, honestly, I'm more of a Spector-man (No way!! Whodathunkit??! lol!) so, regrettably, I've decided to move this on to raise funds for another Spector purchase.
      This is the much better looking production model DBird that was sadly discontinued, due to legal issues with you know who over the TBird shape.... and bound to become a collectable as a result!
      Overall condition is 9/10 with just a tiny chip on the body edge (see pics below). I have NO idea how this got there! I've literally played it live ONCE and just used it at home for the rest of the time.... oh well. It's minor and not particularly noticeable.
      The colourflip finish on this is amazing though! It looks more blue in the pictures below.... but as soon as you move it around it quickly flips to a stunning purple colour.... and looks amazing under stage lights!
      Here's the official spec. However, I'd add that it is MORE THAN capable of more traditional tones.....despite the spiel selling it on its aggressive, mid range, modern bite/tone

Body & Neck
      The body is Khaya, a Mahogany variety with accentuated mid range and a brighter attack. 
      A 5-piece Maple neck coupled with a heavy-duty truss rod further complements the treble response while ensuring maximum hardiness. Dingwall manufacture has long-been exposed to extreme climate conditions, so they know a thing or two about reinforcing necks! A Pau Ferro fingerboard adds a little extra warmth and a smooth feel to boot.
      Multi-Scale Design
      A noteworthy feature of the D-Bird Custom is its multi-scale design. With a 36.25" scale on the low E string and a 34" scale on the G, the higher string tension on the lower strings gives the bass more punch and clarity where it matters most.
      Fanned frets allow for super-accurate intonation across the entire fingerboard, with their slanted placement suiting the natural resting position of your hand. It may look odd at first, but you'd be surprised at how easy it is to adapt to this type of neck!
      Hardware & Electronics
      The D-Bird Standard is triple-loaded with FD-3N passive pickups. The key to their punchy tone is the use of Neodymium magnets; higher output means a more aggressive sound. This lines up nicely with the tonewood combination, with plenty of midrange bite that produces a distinctly modern tone.
      Controls are volume, a 4-way rotary switch offers a surprisingly broad tonal palette and master tone
      Dingwall also opted for a traditional jack plate with Switchcraft jack connection to ensure maximum reliability.
      Slick smoky black hardware is used throughout, with Dingwall Combustion tuners and a specially designed bridge with a custom riser system - increased adjustability and sturdiness all in one. 
      Specifications
      Body Material: Khaya Mahogany
      Finish: Polyurethane
      Neck Material: Maple, 5-Piece
      Fingerboard: Pau Ferro
      Fingerboard Radius: 7.5”
      Scale Length: 36.25" (E) - 34" (G)
      Carve: Medium Thin C-Shape
      Reinforcement: Heavy Duty Truss-Rod
      Nut Width: 45.5mm (1.8")
      Frets: 20
      Fret Size: 'Banjo'
      Fret Material: 18% Hard Nickel Silver
      Electronics & Hardware:
      Pickups: 3 x FD-3N passive pickups w/ Neodymium magnets
      Controls: Master Volume, 4-Way Rotary Pickup Selector, Passive tone
      Hardware Colour: Smoky Black
      Tuners: Dingwall Combustion
      Bridge: Hipshot Dingwall Solo
      Input Jack: Switchcraft
      Other:
      Custom heavy-duty padded gigbag and toolkit containing allen keys & Dunlop straplocks included.

SOLD!! Payment by socially-distanced cash on collection, Paypal (you pay all fees) or Bank Transfer please. NO trades thank you. Courier at buyers choice/cost but I would recommend UPS via Interparcel.
      Happy to ship in the UK. Any overseas postage will obviously be much more expensive and there will be additional import/VAT etc costs.
      Please search out my extensive positive feedback thread (link in sig doesn't work) for assurance of a clean, honest transaction. Thanks!

• By SteveXFR
      This is my 2019 Ibanez SR300EB. 
      Its the weathered black finish. Really nice condition, just a mark on the back from a belt buckle. Just fitted new Roto strings 45-105 roundwound. Plays really nice, lovely narrow neck. Sounds good, everything works as it should. All completely standard. 
      Reasonable offers considered 
      Would also take a swap for a Squier Precision or similar. 

• By Joebethell
      Up for trade or at a push sale is my Little B. It's a cracking little amp that's just sitting on my cab not getting the use it deserves. I'm hoping to get out and gigging once all the madness is over so will be looking for a head with a bit more than the 30watts ideally valve again but open to my options. Good condition hardly used since I have had it really not in a rush and will be happy to keep it if I find a bargain or until the right trade comes along 
      The Little Bastard preamp stage employs ECC83 and ECC82 tubes and features High and Low gain inputs, front panel-mounted Effects Send and Return, rotary Bass, Middle and Treble controls with Mid Shift, Bass Shift and Bright switching, Mute switch, rotary Volume control and balanced DI output.
      Ideally hoping to trade up with a little cash towards but would consider sale if the right thing doesnt turn up or may keep if I find something at the right price.  Straight Sale price would be looking for £400.
      would be looking ideally for a valve head of 100watts plus or maybe a mesa walkabout. Some of my past amps include to give you the idea. 
      Mesa d180 
      Mesa walkabout 
      Marshall VBA400
      Traynor YBA300 
      Trace Elliot VType combo 

• By nige1968
      Will bump this now and then until I lose the will to live ...
      I have for sale the original, used-once 9v 2-band, four-pot electronic innards from a Warwick Rockbass Streamer NT.
      NB: This came from a bass with active pickups. There's one used with passive pickups below. I can't discern any physical difference, but hey.
      The part number is SP - RB125 and normally sells for a snadge over £50 plus postage from Germany.
      Details here: https://shop.warwick.de/en/pickups/accessories-parts/bass-electronics/21366/active-electronic-for-passive-pus-vol-balmn250k-treble-bass  No longer available?
      Controls are volume, pup blend, bass and treble. Knobs available should you need them.
      Pots marked as follows (wire wraps are labelled): Volume Alpha A25kΩ; pup blend (M?)N250K; Treble B 50K; Bass none found, presumed covered in solder! Everything was removed by a proper luthier, not me. Electronics mystify me.
      So on the off-chance you have a Rockbass with four holes, and a broken preamp, this is your replacement.
      It's vaguely possible you might think of another use for it but I can't, and I won't hold my breath waiting for suggestions.
      Price includes delivery. Fill your bootses.