Why become a member? ×

Warwick Rockbags

Musky

I've been looking around for another gigbag and have been checking out the Warwick Rockbags. Some of these have the Warwick Guitar-Saving-System (with the Neck-Saving-System! ;)) and I'm wondering if anyone knows anything about this as the Warwick website isn't exactly forthcoming. Is it something beyond the usual padding (like a more rigid frame) or just the usual marketing speak?

As I'd like something that offers a little more protection than the usual soft gigbag any info or recommendations for other makes at sensible prices will be gratefully received!

I think it refers to the velcro strap that holds the guitar neck in the bag until you undo it. This works until the stitching comes undone, and the velcro remains happily stuck together...leaving your bass unsaved.

Sorry if that sounds a bit cynical...but the W bags are a good design, but the poor density of the foam padding and the stitching quality let them down for me. They're not very expensive, but I'd pay a few quid more if they were more robust.

The levy's are much better (but more ££) and the Harvest Leather ones from Overwater are the best I've seen or used (but £120!)

BB

[quote name='BassBod' post='409530' date='Feb 14 2009, 04:23 PM']I think it refers to the velcro strap that holds the guitar neck in the bag until you undo it.[/quote]

Westfield do a heavy duty one with the same system.....works well, & only @ 25 of your English pounds!!

Saying that, i prefer the Ritter 700 range. ;)

I've been using mine for a couple of years now and its just as good as it was when I got it.

I have the cross-walker model with the packpack attached but I normally keep them separately as my bass is a heavy bugger to begin with without having a bag full of cables attached.

Both components are gigged regularly and still look brand new.