Why become a member? ×

Releasing a charity album on Bandcamp.

ambient

Anyone ever done this?

Almost two years ago I recorded a friend of mine playing some flute pieces that I’d composed. I never got around to doing anything with them. Unfortunately he’s recently been diagnosed with stage 4 cancer. I’ve edited and arranged the recordings, and added some pIano to them, I now have five tracks that I’m planning on releasing via Bandcamp, with all proceeds going to Macmillan Cancer Support. 

I want it to be as open and transparent as possible, preferably with all proceeds going direct to them, rather than to me and me having to pass it on.

I’ve looked on Bandcamp and can’t see a way to do that. Has anyone else done this, how did you do it?

1 hour ago, BigRedX said:

IIRC this has come up before either here or on another music forum and there is no easy way to directly send the money to the charity of your choice. You have to collect it from Bandcamp and then pass it on.

That’s what I thought. I was hoping it would be possible to donate directly. I worry about that kind of thing.