Why become a member? ×

Pedals + Pedalboard Clearout

Hi All,

In my recent aquisition of a Bass POD Xt, I have pretty much found all of the sounds and effects I could ever want or need, so I have decided to sell off my pedalboard and all associated pedals to help fund the purchase of a Rackmount Bass POD + Floor controller.

So, I am selling:

Boss BCB-60 Pedalboard case - this has been gigged heavily over the last tow years but is in generally good condition, the catches and clips are all working and I still have the foam inserts that came with it. £40 Shipped.

DHA VT2 Dual Bass Overdrive - this is a fantastic little overdrive box, hand made by Dave Hall Amps. This was the first one of its kind to be produced upon request as per my specifications a year ago, and since then this has become a full blown product. It has 2 12ax7m tubes fitted, with gain controls and an EQ section for both tubes. You can go from some subtle warmth to some full blown overdriven craziness with this thing, quite simply the best and most natural sounding overdrive Ive ever heard. Power supply included. Mint condition, £130 shipped.

Line6 Space Chorus - this thing can give you some lovely rich chorus sounds as well as the more subtle chorus touches. Also has a vibrato setting that can give you some plain strange sounds, if thats your bag! The Space Chorus replaced a Boss CEB-3 Chorus I had previously, as to my ears the Line6 was richer and more "full" sounding. Mint condition, £25 shipped.

MXR Bass Auto Q Envelope Filter - this is a fantastic little box, and can instantly make your sound a funky as you like with those classic filter sounds. Very adjustable and I found that I could get pretty much any filter sound in my head out of it. I got this to replace a DOD FX25, and it is in very good condition. Im not terribly fussed if this doesnt sell but the filter on the Bass POD is awesome, so it would see little use if I did keep it. £75 Shipped.

MXR Micro Amp - I bought this as a means to balance the volumes between my active and passive basses, however when the J-Retro goes into my Jazz then all my basses will be active. I can also adjust the volumes on my patches on the Bass POD to get the volumes balanced anyway so this is not needed. It gives a completely clean boost, no hissing or noise at all, and no overdrive. Can be used on guitar or bass, and does not affect tone, only volume. £40 shipped.

Here are some pics of the pedal board at this moment in time and all the pedals as I have had them installed:

The Octaver has already sold.

PM me for more info!

Cheers

Luke

Hey Buddy! Well, I gotta say you and Ped *forced me* to buy the POD XT rack.. and I gotta say I could possibly be a changed man! I have even taken my TC effects unit out temporarily to see if i'll actually need it or not!

Good luck with the sales, you've got some great pedals there, so I shouldnt think they'll be hanging around too long?

I got my Pod from the guys down at the Bass Centre.. top notch!

Oh, when you get the foot controller, let me know how you get on, as I'm using my standard MIDI controller (Roland FC200) - and that seems to be ok for the job!

[quote name='dood' post='44229' date='Aug 11 2007, 05:07 PM']Hey Buddy! Well, I gotta say you and Ped *forced me* to buy the POD XT rack.. and I gotta say I could possibly be a changed man! I have even taken my TC effects unit out temporarily to see if i'll actually need it or not!

Good luck with the sales, you've got some great pedals there, so I shouldnt think they'll be hanging around too long?

I got my Pod from the guys down at the Bass Centre.. top notch!

Oh, when you get the foot controller, let me know how you get on, as I'm using my standard MIDI controller (Roland FC200) - and that seems to be ok for the job![/quote]

Cheers Dood - I just feel that the Bass POD has all the sounds I will ever be likely to use, at the moment I find myself playing at practise with my kidneybean POD XT straight into the PA and it gives me some great results!

Im planning on running the Bass POD into a suitable poweramp, with the Aphex Aural exciter sat in between the two to put some harmonics back into the sound. Ill most likely get my mits on a Tech soundsystems ND410 cab and run it all into that so the Bass POD's cab emulation can come through as clear as is possible, but first things first, I need to sell all my current pedals and rig!

• 2 months later...

most of the switches aren't very useful, except the one that bypasses most of the knobs, so the custom part is overkill. But for the valvey sounds of warming up a little in one button to raaaarg in the other button makes me happy. pretty much the only pedal that I consistently use, to give snarl to my solid state amp.

[quote name='jwbassman' post='95906' date='Nov 29 2007, 12:02 AM']No worries - just been thinking about a DHA pedal since meeting Dave at BassDay, not sure I can justify a full price one but if I can pick one up second hand then I'll give it a go...

How do you find it Mr Foxen?[/quote]

Hi,

I have an ex-demo VT2-Twin-Bass I was just about to put on ebay if you are interested. It's really a VT2-Dual-Bass but with more switching options.

Dave