Why become a member? ×

Buying A Rickenbacker - Help!

spongebob

I'm looking to buy a Rickenbacker 4004 Cheyenne in Maple glow.

I'm not new to Rics, already being well into my 4003's.

However, I have hit a real problem. The main 'distributor', Rosetti, list loads of dealers, but most of the shops don't stock any Rics at all....some barely stock any basses!

Basically, can anybody help me here? I don't know where to look - I've trawled the net, but to no avail. E-bay hasn't been much good, either!

Maybe someone can provide some decent web links to shops they know which regularly stock Rics? I'm keeping my eyes on the classifieds on basschat as well.

I'm not just after only new....I'd definitely consider a used if a good one was to turn up.

All suggestions and help welcome!

Try ringing Peter Cook's in London. I don't think they'll have any, but they're a pretty switched on Rickenbacker dealer. For instance, they managed to order me one of the seven 75th Anniversary 4003 basses that came to the UK. If any 4004 s are coming to the UK, I'm sure they'll be able to grab one. If not, they could probably put an order in (though it's a long wait).

As soon as they start making a the 4004Cii5 again, I'll be sticking an order in.

Edited by jonsmith

If you don't mind looking further afield, sign up to [url="http://www.rickresource.com"]http://www.rickresource.com[/url] - lots of buying & selling goes on there, and they're a very informative, friendly & helpful bunch of people. Most of them are in the US, meaning that even with the current exchange rate & customs charges, you'll likely get a better deal than buying here.

Jon.

If you don't have to have a brand spanking new one, then I echo Jon's Rickresource recommendation. A few of my Rickenbackers have been bought either directly from forumites there, or with their - sometimes unbelievable - assistance. Once you register, there's a 'Rickenbackers Wanted' section on there and people will keep an eye out for you.