Why become a member? ×

Status SII NT4 - SOLD pending usual

molan

I've only recently picked this up and it's a really nice bass in a pretty unique wood colour. I was told the wood is Nogal which I think is a type of Walnut.

It has a high gloss finish which is difficult to photgraph. The ones attached are reasonable view of the core wood colours but they don't really do it justice.

I've had some time to play it this week having been stuck at home with all the snow ;) It really has that great Status snap and sizzle and powerful tone shaping.

Also has a passive / active switch which bypasses the tone circuit.

I took it as a PX on another bass but I'm really trying to stick with 5's these days so would like to either sell it outright or maybe trade for an interesting 5 string.

Previous owner told me it was '93/'94 but I can't confirm this. I can say that it's in absolutely fabulous condition with not a mark on that I can see.

Looks like it's never been gigged and only lightly used. Plays really nicely and action seems to go as low as I'd ever want it!

Happy to ship anywhere :P

I don't really have much idea what this would be worth but thought that it ought to fetch somewhere around the £900 mark given the amazing condition.

Edited by molan

[quote name='molan' post='402557' date='Feb 7 2009, 01:29 AM']PX offers coming in already ;)[/quote]

But rejected!

So still up for sale :P

With new pics to show off the grain - if you open the initial pic then make sure you click on the opened image to get a full size version of the image :)

Edited by molan

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='flychris' post='414843' date='Feb 19 2009, 10:52 PM']So what about this one now molan ?[/quote]

I've had a cash offer at the full asking price on it but waiting to hear if it's confirmed or not ;)

The Ibanez has gone now hasn't it Chris?

• 2 weeks later...

This is kinda in an 'under offer' state on a deal to take it tot he USA but the buyer has been taking a while to confirm all details so I'm not 100% sure if he's going to confirm.

Thought I'd give it a bump just in case anyone over here fancies it :)

[quote name='doctor_of_the_bass' post='426224' date='Mar 5 2009, 02:46 PM']Are ye open to offerths!

Nick (missing my old Series II!)[/quote]

Get out of here Nick - you already have 57 varieties of bass, do you need any more?

Definitely open to offers, I won't get into any sort of bidding war and will stick by a price if agreed.

I did agree to accept an offer at more or less the asking price (depending on exchange rates) but the buyer has not confirmed payment and told me he'd understand if I took an offer from a more local source.

Apologies if that's a bit too much information - just didn't want anyone to think I was trying to play multiple buyers off against each other :)