Why become a member? ×

Tech 21 Landmark head.... INFO ANYONE??

Wayne Firefly

Seriously thinking of picking up a Tech 21 Landmark 300 watt head, I know the features and what it can and does do, but is there anyone with any info on what its like in the real world and not on a page???
I know Tech 21 stuff sounds ace and is bombproof but I play hardcore/punk, rockabilly and some electric blues, maybe even start some jazz lessons. I assume the Landmark head is powerful and versatile enough to cover all these "basses" (ahem...) thru a Marshall Jubilee 4x10.
I want to use bass guitars, overdriven as well as clean and punchy and deep and wooly and also run my P.bass pickup-ed doublebass so versatility is what I need. Rambling now. Anyone out there?

What if I get something like the new Hartke LH500 as a "power stage" and use a Tech 21 RBI rackmount as a preamp, which would be cheaper (ish) overall and give me the total versatility, the amp alone for the simple warm clean stuff and add the RBI for filth and/or bottom end?? Have I answered my own question ????

Edited by Wayne Firefly

Ive recently bought one. Great amps, very versitile with the 2 channels and ability to blend them (with the footswitch).
Although i have had problems trying to achieve a totally 'clean' tone.

I have a copy of the manual if you're interested?

Edited by WarPig

I actually bought a Landmark 300 off Cetera when he got his Landmark 600

1/ They sound amazing

2/ Very versatile, although I also struggled to get a totally clean sound
possible only available on one channel with the 'blend' off, not sure now.

3/ Slightly underpowered

4/ Did I say they sound amazing !?

If you can get one for the right price I'd give it a go, although you would need to run it
at 4 ohms to get the full 300 watts

Ade

[quote name='Adee' post='397981' date='Feb 2 2009, 03:44 PM']I actually bought a Landmark 300 off Cetera when he got his Landmark 600

1/ They sound amazing

2/ Very versatile, although I also struggled to get a totally clean sound
possible only available on one channel with the 'blend' off, not sure now.

3/ Slightly underpowered

4/ Did I say they sound amazing !?

If you can get one for the right price I'd give it a go, although you would need to run it
at 4 ohms to get the full 300 watts

Ade[/quote]

Yep, +1 to all that Ade....

The really great thing about this rig is that you can combine the 2 separate channels (BDDI & RPM) to create your own tones as well.... e.g clean low end on one, overdriven top end on the other...!

I guess that's the main advantage over the RBI with the Hartke, but either choice would be great! ;)