Why become a member? ×
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Still For Sale. Fender Vintage 62 Reissue OPW (Price Droped)

big cat

Ok, everybody. You know the sound of this baby. The only drawback to me is the neck is a little bit thick for me. I

quite like this bass, really vintage.

But i have to sell this beauty. Which is sad.

I am a foreign student. I came across problem with my tuition fee. The local students pay GBP 3000 one year, i have

to pay GBP8500 for one year. Its my last year in UK. Due to an recent accident, there is not much money in my bank

account. I have to sell this bass for my tuition fee.

It's 2 months old, without any marks on it. It is never used to gig or even rehearsal, only practiced in my dorm. just

like a new one.

I paid GBP1150 for it. I'm looking for GBP 900. I know there is a 3TB one also in good condition which is sold at 750.

But please understand, i really lack money now. I'd appreciate if you don't bargain with me.

I'm Belfast based, it would be great if you can pick it since i don't know the postage for this baby, i have never sold

anything in UK before. Not familiar with the post service here.

Cash or Pay Pal would be great.

The bass come with original hard case, pickup cover

PS: Please forgive me that i can not give you the strap and the cable. I'm poor now......i need them

Thanks for your interests.

For detail: [email protected]

Here are the pics:

[attachment=19506:P1010628.JPG]

[attachment=19507:P1010626.JPG]

[attachment=19508:P1010627.JPG]

[attachment=19509:P1010582.JPG]

No disrespect intended big cat but the price may not be the only reason that your bass isn't attracting buyers.

There is 'probably' a small target audience of BCers who could collect your bass if they were interested. If I were in the market for a P bass and I didn't live in N Ireland, I'd have to think twice before parting with funds to a foreign student in Belfast who is strapped for cash! Harsh I'm afraid but true. As an alternative to advertising on here, there must be a local music scene/circuit where you can advertise the bass, or possibly at Uni? There'll also be local rehearsal spaces where you can put an ad up for the bass.

Of course if the price for your bass was tempting enough there'd probably be a few folk on here who might be prepared to take a punt and pay via PayPal. ;)

Good luck selling the bass and with your studies.

[quote name='warwickhunt' post='396671' date='Feb 1 2009, 11:01 AM']No disrespect intended big cat but the price may not be the only reason that your bass isn't attracting buyers.

There is 'probably' a small target audience of BCers who could collect your bass if they were interested. If I were in the market for a P bass and I didn't live in N Ireland, I'd have to think twice before parting with funds to a foreign student in Belfast who is strapped for cash! Harsh I'm afraid but true. As an alternative to advertising on here, there must be a local music scene/circuit where you can advertise the bass, or possibly at Uni? There'll also be local rehearsal spaces where you can put an ad up for the bass.

Of course if the price for your bass was tempting enough there'd probably be a few folk on here who might be prepared to take a punt and pay via PayPal. ;)

Good luck selling the bass and with your studies.[/quote]
Thank you very much for the advice. I will try what you said. My money has been stolen. A considerable sum of... I'm bloody unlucky.....

[quote name='big cat' post='396734' date='Feb 1 2009, 12:40 PM']Thank you very much for the advice. I will try what you said. My money has been stolen. A considerable sum of... I'm bloody unlucky.....[/quote]

Sorry to hear about your problems.

Try advertsing on fastfude.org.
It's a N Ireland based musicians forum. To be honest, there isn't as big a market for expensive instruments in N Ireland as there is in mainland UK so it might not be easy to shift yuor bass. Also, what about ebay??

Anyway, I hope your luck changes for the better.

Frank