Why become a member? ×

peavey basses

EdwardHimself

[quote name='EdwardHimself' post='42760' date='Aug 8 2007, 09:37 AM']^but i dunno WHERE TO LOOK!!! And i'm not scared of buying abroad really.[/quote]

There's always loads on ebay and in ebay shops. I bought a new Peavey 6 string (although I'd recommend that you never buy a guitar with more strings than you have fingers on your fretting hand) at under half price from an ebay shop. Despite being great instruments, they suffer from being considered pretty unfashionable here, and dealers are often bloody relieved to see the back of old stock, hence the low prices (not true in the USA where they seem to be quite popular). Of course, the old 70s/80s ones are fashionable even here and no doubt Peavey, like Ibanez with the ATKs, will realise this and reissue them soon.
Good luck
Chris

Edited by Beedster

^nearly, i'm in north humberside.

[quote name='The Burpster' post='42768' date='Aug 8 2007, 09:53 AM']Well,

heres a start.... on ebay....!

Eddie, if you really get stuck I can put you in touch with a US shop that deal with Peavey and can get you pretty much anything!

bob[/quote]

that's still a bxp tho, i'm talking about the more expensive pro range, like the cirrus. Can you tell me about this shop then?

Edited by EdwardHimself

USA Millenniums (Millennia?) and Cirruses (Cirri?) pop up pretty regularly in the Talkbass classifieds for ludicrously cheap prices (compared to what you would pay here). The Millennia are usually about $700 but they're meant to be the equal of much more epensive basses. The Cirruses are slightly more but still a fraction of their new price.

To summarise- buy used.

I picked up a mid 90s USA Axcelerator 5 string for about £175 (inc P&P and case) off ebay last year. I've seen a matching 4 string go for just over a hundred on ebay as well. I nearly had a matching pair!
It's got an 18V active circuit, 35" scale, and is quite light as well! Couple of dings, nothing major. It instantly became my primary gigging bass because: a) it was so cheap, and, :) it's bombproof.

I know this isn't helping your search but I thought I'd gloat a little.
Never thought I'd be gloating over a peavey; proves how wrong you can be!