Why become a member? ×
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Ampeg

Terps bass

[quote name='MythSte' post='395080' date='Jan 29 2009, 11:59 PM']I have to admit, after extensivly using the Ampeg VST plug in, i really am coming round to that tone...[/quote]

Yup, but you'll be using an amp model as well as a cab model,rather than just as cab as per the OP.

Out of interest, which combinations [in the plug in] work for you? I'm using the 4Pro and the 410 cab settings and it's fantastic.

[quote name='Muppet' post='395083' date='Jan 30 2009, 12:05 AM']Yup, but you'll be using an amp model as well as a cab model,rather than just as cab as per the OP.

Out of interest, which combinations [in the plug in] work for you? I'm using the 4Pro and the 410 cab settings and it's fantastic.[/quote]

I don't wanna railroad the OP... but I'm lovin SVX too, I prefer the SVT4 Pro and BLX(??) cabinet. I believe these are said to have more of a Hifi repsonse than the 8x10... Having said that, I was using the Line 6 Ampeg Stack model last night to record with.. and I'm *also* coming round to the Ampeg tone!!

[quote name='MythSte' post='395080' date='Jan 29 2009, 11:59 PM']I have to admit, after extensivly using the Ampeg VST plug in, i really am coming round to that tone...[/quote]

IME, I’ve got a better tone recording with the Ampeg SVX plugin than with my old all valve rig (and that was in a pro studio). Doesn’t really mean a lot, but for me it just exemplifies how good the SVX plugin is. For a live situation there’s nothing that can beat an Ampeg trouser flapper ;)

[quote name='benwhiteuk' post='396140' date='Jan 31 2009, 02:17 PM']IME, I’ve got a better tone recording with the Ampeg SVX plugin than with my old all valve rig (and that was in a pro studio). Doesn’t really mean a lot, but for me it just exemplifies how good the SVX plugin is. For a live situation there’s nothing that can beat an Ampeg trouser flapper ;)[/quote]

+1

that plugin is awsome.