Why become a member? ×

SOLD !! peavey mk 6 XP bass head

jhk

This is the bluey face model.I think 250 watts @ 4 ohm,400 @ 2 ohm.It has 9 band graphic,crossover,variable chorus built in and variable compression as well.Very loud,very reliable and built like a tank.All knobs and sliders present and working.Great utility bass amp .
I live near brighton,but,As I work and commute to S/W london each day I`d be happy to transport to serious buyer.Also as I work as a delivery driver there are possibilities of me bringing it to a serious buyer further afield in uk although mostly home counties e.g. hants ,bucks ,kent,herts,berks,oxon,surrey sussex etc.also it gives buyer opportunity to be happy it works ok.I don`t want to get into shipping though.

sorry pic is a bit rough.

I`m thinking of about £125 for the amp head.

Thanks for looking

Edited by jhk

[quote name='Marcus' post='394857' date='Jan 29 2009, 07:46 PM']Bargain..... had one of these with a Peavey 8x10

Bought it from Howard's Bass Place...... talk about the delicate sound of Thunder !!!![/quote]

Thanks for the kind words!

[quote name='Marcus' post='394857' date='Jan 29 2009, 07:46 PM']Bargain..... had one of these with a Peavey 8x10[/quote]
+1

This is definitely a lot of amp for the money!

I've still got my old Peavey Mk IV, which this model kind of superceded and that still sounds great to me..so I'm betting this sounds pretty good and is certainly going to be as good (if not better) than anything that's available in this price range.

Plus, Jon's a great bloke who knows his gear and looks after it, so you can be sure this will be everything it should be..

Good luck with it! ;)

For more tech spec on above see manual at this link

[url="http://www.peavey.com/assets/literature/manuals/80301692.pdf"]http://www.peavey.com/assets/literature/manuals/80301692.pdf[/url]

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Another bargain! I can't even think about buying it though which is a chame as that Chorus as well the the borad EQ would be very useful...And the crossover too!

Someone defo look into this, it's a steal man!

[quote name='Kongo' post='483688' date='May 9 2009, 01:45 PM']Another bargain! I can't even think about buying it though which is a chame as that Chorus as well the the borad EQ would be very useful...And the crossover too!

Someone defo look into this, it's a steal man![/quote]

thanks for the kind words!

• 1 month later...

[quote name='Kongo' post='483688' date='May 9 2009, 01:45 PM']Another bargain! I can't even think about buying it though which is a chame as that Chorus as well the the borad EQ would be very useful...And the crossover too!

Someone defo look into this, it's a steal man![/quote]

+1

I've used this particular amp before and it's unbelievably good value for the money!

Hello JHK- if it's still available I would be interested and live in SW London..Thanks JG

[quote name='jhk' post='394850' date='Jan 29 2009, 08:39 PM']This is the bluey face model.I think 250 watts @ 4 ohm,400 @ 2 ohm.It has 9 band graphic,crossover,variable chorus built in and variable compression as well.Very loud,very reliable and built like a tank.All knobs and sliders present and working.Great utility bass amp .
I live near brighton,but,As I work and commute to S/W london each day I`d be happy to transport to serious buyer.Also as I work as a delivery driver there are possibilities of me bringing it to a serious buyer further afield in uk although mostly home counties e.g. hants ,bucks ,kent,herts,berks,oxon,surrey sussex etc.also it gives buyer opportunity to be happy it works ok.I don`t want to get into shipping though.

sorry pic is a bit rough.

I`m thinking of about £125 for the amp head.

Thanks for looking[/quote]

• 2 weeks later...