Why become a member? ×

The last of my Precisions.....

Beedster

[quote name='KevinJazzBass' post='397777' date='Feb 2 2009, 12:43 PM']PM'D! ;)[/quote]

Replied Kev, thanks.

Happy to sell as mentioned above, but ideally I'd like to PX (with cash my way) for a fretless Jazz or Precision with lined rosewood or ebony neck (MIJ/MIM). I'd do a straight trade for a MIA but would prefer something oldish; for whatever reason, I don't really get on with recent MIAs. Defret is fine as long as it's a good & professionally done job :P
Thanks and apologies for being so fussy :)

[quote name='Beedster' post='397782' date='Feb 2 2009, 12:46 PM']The pubs in Canterbury are dropping like flies mate. Two of our locals have gone this month, rumour has it that my leaving the town for a few months hit the local breweries hard....

Hope you're well mate, how's that lovely Bass Collection I flogged you coming along!
Chris[/quote]

It's going really well, thanks! It's now got some Ernie Ball flats on it, which seem a good match - I was worried that roundwounds would rip up the fingerboard too much.

Always sad to hear of pubs closing.

[quote name='pete.young' post='397834' date='Feb 2 2009, 01:31 PM']Always sad to hear of pubs closing.[/quote]

Yep, the White Hart is now packed every night and they seem to have put up their prices to exploit their monopoly ;)

[quote name='Beedster' post='397790' date='Feb 2 2009, 12:55 PM']Yours was the body on the far left and the neck third from left (I was trying a maple board on the '73 PJ when the pic was taken but it didn't really work out). Yours probably turned out to be the best of the bunch Col, which is ironic given it was a complete mongrel ;)[/quote]

Definately a keeper! Check it out in action on a classic bassline here boys and girls [url="http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=0a08L7a1Ph8&feature=channel_page"]http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=0a08L7a1Ph8&...re=channel_page[/url] apoligies for the minor hijack!!

Hi Chris, I thought id show you a couple of pics of my fretless, let me know if you're interested in a swap. The bass currently has the original white pickguard on (still with sticker cover on), however if you wanted i could put on a black pickguard from my other US Jazz.

Kev

[attachment=19702:P1010074.jpg]

[attachment=19703:P1010077.jpg]

This is likely available now as the trade I had provisionally agreed wasn't really what I was after. It's £550 in gig bag or £625 in '70s Fender case. Trade or PX offers (cash either way) for interesting fretless also welcome. Ebay at the weekend if nothing comes along here. I'll consider selling the neck & tuners seperately also.
Chris