Why become a member? ×

The Reggae Thread

Reggaebass

That was released in 1975 as a single - I promoted a gig with DD in about 1969 & was struck by the lack of power in his vocals, so much so that I went over to another venue to check him out - same very low vocal power, which surprised me. I can only assume that there was an awful amount of backroom work on his records ...

😎

• Like 1

I can't judge that, in any case, he has had quite a lot of success, above all with his song "Israelites"  and his Jimmy Cliff cover 1970 "You Can Get It If You Really Want".

27 minutes ago, eloisa said:

However, I prefer the original.

Jimmy Cliff - You Can Get It If You Really Want

Great one, I had the pleasure of meeting and spending the evening with the whole band at the VIP after party at the O2 London, wonderful people , and so many stories to tell , jimmy cliff didn’t stay long but I stayed till the end 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, taunton-hobbit said:

I was just really irritated, it sounded familiar to me, melody, refrain and title. There is a German Schlagerhit from 1970 with the same title by Bata Illic.
If it had been a 1:1 cover, I would have run away...
But this version sounds a thousand times better, text changed, thanks to foreign language and reggae version.;) So I can give a goblet :)