Why become a member? ×

The Reggae Thread

Reggaebass

On 27/07/2023 at 18:35, Reggaebass said:

Continuing my journey through Stephen Marley

That's just too spooky, without the name published, I wouldn't have known the difference between father and son.

48 minutes ago, Reggaebass said:

Having a Gregory Isaacs day

And that one does what it says on the tin - classy. The throb on the dub version is massive!

Edited by ezbass
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, ezbass said:

That's just too spooky, without the name published, I wouldn't have know the difference between father and son

Yeah they really sound similar don’t they, more than the other brothers I think , stephen has got some great songs and watching many videos he performs great live, Chris  Meredith was his bass player who unfortunately died last year , Chris played with all the top reggae artists and others over the years including Gregory isaacs and Dennis Brown etc 

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, taunton-hobbit said:

I was walking on the seafront this afternoon

Nice way to spend the afternoon, I’ve been doing a fair bit of driving this week listening to some albums I haven’t heard for a while, one was  Doing it Right by Desi Roots from around 1980, sly and Robbie on this one 

and

• Thanks 1

It's Thursday, when I usually post something reggae(ish) which I hope someone out there might like. I thought I'd have a hunt around for the I Roy/U Roy (?) version of 'Buy You a Ring', which I posessed many years ago. I did come up with something that I mentioned a month or so back & was proving just as elusive :

😎

Edited by taunton-hobbit
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1