Why become a member? ×

Wheely Cable Storage

colleya

I've had a search for this but not found anything too recent.

I lug the PA to and from gigs. This includes a couple of big boxes full of XLR/power cables as well as a full complement of extension leads.

I've seen a few toolbox on wheels type contraptions but would need something with a bigger capacity (about 60L) and without all the fiddly drawers etc.

Essentially I'm after two/three stackable storage boxes that form part of a trolley. A bit like this but probably bigger.

Does anyone have any recommendations?

Cheers!

ae235.jpeg

If you just need one big case rather than a few stackable ones then Peli do some massive cases with trolley handles and wheels, you'll pay for them as they're not at all cheap. Should last you a lifetime of gigging though and will hold value, used one here:
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Large-Peli-Case-With-Foam-Wheels-and-handle-o-/223780060155?_trksid=p2385738.m4383.l4275.c10

• 1 month later...

A lot of those DIY store toolbox type things are, in my experience, pretty flimsy, particularly where the moving parts are concerned. 

If you can live with one big box, but the Pelican stuff is too pricey, there's inexpensive alternatives that are nearly as good as the Peli stuff. 

I've been touring with one of these as my tech workbox for the last three years or so. It's rock solid. The advantage with Trifibre over the other similar alternatives is that they sell spare parts too, so if you do ever damage a latch/handle/wheel etc you can fix the case up. 

https://www.trifibre.co.uk/product/waterproof-tr5013-equipment-hard-carry-photography-drone-wheeled-travel-flight-case/

• Thanks 1