Why become a member? ×

Double shoulder strap

solo4652

[quote name='solo4652' post='390314' date='Jan 24 2009, 12:19 PM']Responding to my own posting...

Found it now:

[url="http://www.stringsdirect.co.uk/products/2494-planet_waves_dare_strap"]http://www.stringsdirect.co.uk/products/24...aves_dare_strap[/url]

Anybody have any experience of these?[/quote]

I got one to check it out, didn't work for me and didn't work as well as I thought it would. PM me to send me a large size SAE if you want it. You can give some money to charity or light a couple of candles in a temple of your choice.

If it is back issues, the 'slider' design works better, and if you can ever find the bass brace, which were marketed for a short time, they were the best but they needed a third strap pin.

[quote name='synaesthesia' post='390355' date='Jan 24 2009, 01:20 PM']I got one to check it out, didn't work for me and didn't work as well as I thought it would. PM me to send me a large size SAE if you want it. You can give some money to charity or light a couple of candles in a temple of your choice.

If it is back issues, the 'slider' design works better, and if you can ever find the bass brace, which were marketed for a short time, they were the best but they needed a third strap pin.[/quote]

PM'd

My beautiful Wife bought me a couple of slider-straps off Ebay USA as she thought it would help my back.
it's taken ages to get used to it, plus they twist and I hate twisted straps.
you also look like a cock.

the positives are it does spread the load and seems to balance out neck heavy instruments.
good for sitting down playing, I do nearly all my study now wearing the slider strap.