Why become a member? ×

Levy's Leathers gig bag (single bass)

Surplus to requirements as I've gone back to a hard case.

[list]
[*]Leather trim throughout.
[*]Heavy duty denier shell with full-length zip so the bag can be opened flat.
[*]1" foam padding throughout with internal headtsock and bridge protectors.
[*]Large buckle saddle bag type pouch on the front.
[*]Strap hook so you can hang it up!
[*]Dual back-pack straps.
[/list]

Really excellent bag giving superb protection. This is pretty much mint condition, and as over £100 new in the UK I'm asking [b]£75 posted[/b], or buyer can collect from NE Hampshire or Central London.

Edited by walbassist

• 1 year later...

I've currently got both. The Harvest is "better" in that it is stiffer and slightly better protection. The Levy's is "better" as it is a fair bit smaller and more compact, and lighter. The padding in both is firm and actually does protect the bass. That's really the difference to me - yes the zips on both are better, they both feel well made etc but the padding works. I think the Harvest leather bags are smaller than the canvas one I've got, but I've never seen one to compare.

I use the Levys most. But I've also used the Harvest bag a fair bit over 3 years and it still looks new.

[quote name='tayste_2000' post='765094' date='Mar 5 2010, 01:27 PM']Have you ever compared this to one of those Harvest gig bags, just wondering how it compares in padding etc.[/quote]

Sorry no, but BB has answered the question for us! I rate these bags very highly and have kept Wal, Ken Smith and Elricks in them for years.