Why become a member? ×

Riverhead Headless Bass

Delberthot

I have Ebay inform me when Riverhead basses come up for sale as I am looking for a Jupiter which, unfortunately, this is not.

[url="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=320334811354&ssPageName=ADME:B:SS:GB:1123"]http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...ME:B:SS:GB:1123[/url]

One of these days I will find one - preferably the one I traded in the mid 90s in Sound Control in Dunfermline for my first 5 string which was a white Bass Collection SB305

Edited by Delberthot

That's a Riverhead Unicorn - the first headless I had serious GAS for - I remember going up to the Bass Centre, when it was in Wapping to try one, probably '84 or '85. Sadly I was too poor to buy it & eventually ended up with an Aria RSB Deluxe, & a (much cheaper) Hohner B2A a bit later.

I'll be watching this, but I suspect it'll go for a little more than the £100 start - these are incredibly, incredibly rare these days. IMO these are about the most desirable JapCrap headless, just for the Burns Flyte ripoff body, if nothing else. ;)

Jon.

Ah ha ha... I had two of these in the mid 1980s. A black one and a pink one... I kid you not with that terrible fake leather gig bag which seemed to be in vogue in Japan in the 80s. I got the pair for a bargain price. They are nice playable basses but the sound is slightly thin due to lack of wood on the body. £100 is a good price for it though, as I said, they are very playable basses. The necks remind me of Warwick necks - a nice comfortable "C" shape.
Be aware though, these aren't double ball end stringed basses. You use a normal string, thread it through a hole at the end of the fingerboard, pull it tight with a pliers, tighten the grub nut and tune from the other end. Quite fiddley if I remember rightly.

Edited by WHUFC BASS