Why become a member? ×

Genz Benz Shuttle 6.0 *Sold!*

RichBowman

Hi Everyone,

Continuing my reassessment of my kit and what not, I'm going to be offering my Shuttle 6.0.

I got it in June 08, and think I've used it less than half a dozen times - once for a gig (quite acoustic - It worked very well reigning in the bass on a hollow boomy stage).

I'm including the Gig bag too (a lovely snug fit, and makes it exceptionally easy to cart about!)

It was bought from our very own Bass Direct.

As it's in as new condition, I'm looking for £425 plus delivery (if needed). Trade wise I'd be interested in an EBS Microbass plus cash, or possibly a Tascam bass trainer

Photo's will go up shortly - might be a bit shoddy as I've only got the camera on my phone :-/

Drop me a PM or email me at: richard 'at' bowman 'dot' plus 'dot' com

Edited for addition of bad pics!

Cheers,

Rich

Edited by RichBowman

[quote name='Higgie' post='389141' date='Jan 22 2009, 11:23 PM']ARGH!!! GAS ALERT! GAS ALERT![/quote]

:P Don't smoke otherwise there might be a loud BANGZ!!!!! ;)

Edited by steve-norris

Pm'd and I think the reason they're coming up alot is people bought them before trying them or got them on pre order after having a quick go and not every amp suits everyone. The amount of people these things do seem to suit is pretty staggering though.

[quote name='Higgie' post='389176' date='Jan 23 2009, 12:06 AM']The only thing that puts me off is that there has been quite a few of these being sold, when they are relatively new amps. What's wrong with them?[/quote]

I took one in on a trade and moved it on within a week. The [i]only[/i] reason I did so was it didn't sound good with my acoustic bass, and I needed something more versatile; my Wal sounded great through it.

Great amp, great price.

Hi all,

I actually found the amp really good - It replaced an EA iAMP 800, which is no slouch in itself! Actually, I preferred the GB as I found the EA a little to 'dry' for my tastes. The Genz had all the features I wanted (and more), plus it's just so ridiculously light (and I had a Schroeder 1212L) transport was a delight. Saying that, as I mentioned above I only used it for a couple of practices, one (acoustic) gig and have turned it on at home to have a quick noodle maybe once or twice. So in honesty I've no real appreciation for what it can really do. It dis sound good with the Shuker and Schroeder though! :-)

It's under offer (and accepted) at the moment, so will mark it as sold as soon as everything goes through.

Cheers,

Rich

[quote name='RichBowman' post='389384' date='Jan 23 2009, 10:32 AM']I preferred the GB as I found the EA a little to 'dry' for my tastes.[/quote]

How funny, I went to an iAmp500 for that very reason, my electric and acoustic basses sound equally good through it!

Good news on the sale.

And also how funny, I'm trying to shift my EA iAmp 600 because it's too "clean" for my tastes. If I was going for a more Hifi tone i'd have no problems keeping it. Just want something a little dirtier, that's all ;)

If this deal falls through consider me interested!

Edited by Higgie

Have to agree that a lot of us have been getting the lightweight bug as of late.

Unfortunately most guitar shops are unlikely to ever stock this so there are only about 3 or 4 shops in the UK where you can actually try them so mail order is the only way to go for most of us.

I have one of these and have to agree that it sounds fantastic through the Schroeder 1212L with both my single coil warmoth P and Warwick Corvette $$ 5 string so there's 2 completely different basses that it sounds good with.

Having said that, the new GK MB Fusion head has been calling my name ever since I saw it on the NAMM pics.