Why become a member? ×

How do you clean a black warwick scratches

grimbeaver

Well I have given it a bloody good ironing and it didnt work sorry, if it did it wasnt noticable. I tried differing heats and pressures but it didnt lift any out, some scratches are quite deep though.

I have stripped the whole thing down, cleaned it up and polished it and we are looking a bit better.

I think my 3 year old daughter has disposed of my sharpi black pen so I will test that out tomorrow and let you know how it works

[quote name='grimbeaver' date='Jan 22 2009, 08:59 PM' post='389019']

Hot irons work for dents in wood not for scratches.
There's a special polish thats used for removing/disguising scratches that occur on cars ie near the locks like you get from keys.I've never used it but intend to try it out on scratched bow limbs[don't ask].
Its quite expensive about £15.00 for a small bottle and it gets advertised in those supplements or motoring pages you get in the Sunday papers.
Just a thought for you.

[quote name='budget bassist' post='389164' date='Jan 22 2009, 11:47 PM']You mean T-cut? That won't work on natural wood!!

I'm afraid you're either going to have to colour it in black or live with it i think if the ironing trick didn't work[/quote]

No No NO Definately not T Cut.
I'll try to track this stuff down and let you know.

[quote name='Delberthot' post='389636' date='Jan 23 2009, 03:05 PM']Tried T-cut back in the day when I were a lad and this used to be all fields. Used a bit too much pressure and rubbed right through the finish to the wood!

Whoops[/quote]

So thats how to relic 'em.