Why become a member? ×

Please delete
£12
North Down

On 17/12/2019 at 22:51, itu said:

Do you mean 10 mA or 10 microamps?

You certainly know this, too?

9V-lo-volt-warning.jpg.a843a7be995ee2a5d1621b491d2c628b.jpg

Mine draws (approx)0.1mA and has 1x  adjustable shunt regulator and 3x resistors
and has possibility of setting the voltage drop from 3V-36V - the one shown above Does not have  that ability... and draws 0.25mA(!)

Cheers!

22.png

Edited by zvirus
  • Thanks 2

8 minutes ago, pbasspecial said:

I have a custom P bass with 2 EMG pick ups and 2 9v batteries.  Will this still work ok or will I possibly need 2 kits?

If they are separate circuits you will need 2 kits. If batteries are connected in series -  giving 18V you will need just one kit.

Cheers!

• 1 month later...

Will it work with my early Fender Precision bass lyte where I get about 30 seconds notice between the first sign of distortion and the bass shutting down completely! I put a freshly charged battery in every gig as the shutdown is so quick I simply cannot rely on it otherwise, I know the issue is an incorrect capacitor and how to solve it but the bass sounds immense as it is and I don't want to lose the sound it offers!

Hi,

I have said it works from 3 - 18V but actually it`s working with voltage  up to 36V so... if your gear is powered up by less than 3V or more than 36V IT WONT work.

It works from 3-36V on ANY DEVICE...

I hope that answered the question 

I do use this circuit in my STAGG EUB and it works PERFECT. But after modding my stagg it draws VERY little current so my battery lasts for months...

Edited by zvirus