Why become a member? ×

Jean Jacques Burnel Signature model

steve-soar

[quote name='Twigman' post='432526' date='Mar 12 2009, 03:13 PM']I cannot believe there are people posting here who have never heard of JJ nor heard the stranglers play!!!!!

Are you really all babes in arms or something?

Twig
Walking on the beaches, looking at the peaches...[/quote]

I'm 39..... heard the name mentioned..... not a stranglers fan..... does he still play with them now? I supported the Stranglers a couple of years ago.... wonder if he was playing with them then?

[quote name='crez5150' post='432535' date='Mar 12 2009, 03:21 PM']I'm 39..... heard the name mentioned..... not a stranglers fan..... does he still play with them now? I supported the Stranglers a couple of years ago.... wonder if he was playing with them then?[/quote]

Touring Australia with them as we speak. Yes, he would have been with them a couple of years ago-he's been their bass player since they formed in 1974 .

Hello all, my 1st posting on Basschat.

I was lucky enough to get my hands on a Shuker JJB1 last week, 8 months waiting list.
It's incredible, everything that his 70s Precision should have been, lighter with extra wound pick-ups for more growl.

1 thing I should mention is that JJ must have hands like shuvels, it's a seriously wide neck.

Another work of genious from Jon Shuker, it's a seriously well made bass.

[quote name='BASSISACE' post='434426' date='Mar 14 2009, 09:34 AM']Hello all, my 1st posting on Basschat.

I was lucky enough to get my hands on a Shuker JJB1 last week, 8 months waiting list.
It's incredible, everything that his 70s Precision should have been, lighter with extra wound pick-ups for more growl.

1 thing I should mention is that JJ must have hands like shuvels, it's a seriously wide neck.

Another work of genious from Jon Shuker, it's a seriously well made bass.[/quote]

Hi there, welcome to Basschat and also to the Shuker owners club. there's a fair few of us here now ..
Please let me know if you ever want to sell the JJB :)
My Shuker P5 is a JJB with a few mods so I know exactly what you mean and yes, we do have hands like shovels :rolleyes:

• 3 years later...

[quote name='The Dark Lord' timestamp='1334873068' post='1622871']
You don't know that. You just think it.
[/quote]
I think you'll find you're talking to yourself here as the ferret was banned from this forum a couple of years back!

[quote name='Clarky' timestamp='1334874221' post='1622892']
I think you'll find you're talking to yourself here as the ferret was banned from this forum a couple of years back!
[/quote]
It is the first sign of madness. I do it a lot. I suppose he was banned for daring to take the name of the Meninblack in vein?