Why become a member? ×

Squier Bullet Bass 1984/85 SQ Series MIJ Now Sold
£450
Lancaster

ash

Here is a lovely Squier SQ series Bullet bass, it was made in Japan around 1984 and is of exceptional build quality. It is a long scale light weight bass (under 4kgs) and has the distinctive Tele or 51 P style headstock, smaller body and Mustang type pickups. Essentially it’s a slightly smaller and lighter P bass. The neck is shallow and the action low. It’s very comfy to play over long periods. The bass is in great condition with a clean neck with good frets and working trussrod. All hardware and electrics work as they ought to with some tarnishing to the chrome as it is nearly 36 years old! No structural damage although there is some wear and dings to the body as pictured. 
It comes with a decent case. Shipping in the UK possible at buyers cost. A nice early fairly rare old Squier.

I’ve set it up with new Rotos 40-100s and given it a thorough polish and switch clean. The action is incredibly low! 

No trades. 

Edited by ash
Sold to Liam thanks
  • Like 3

7 hours ago, hooky_lowdown said:

I love the look of these, very cool basses. The body I believe is smaller than a standard P bass, probably contributes to it being sub 4kg's. 😎

People take time to wake up to things

i look in amazement as mustangs sell quickly yet these basses languish unsold despite being a fraction of the price of mustangs and yet having the obvious advantage over mustangs of being available with a long 34” neck 

to recap 

bullets have same pups as mustangs are light weight and can be had in long 34” scale form 

what’s not to like?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, gareth said:

People take time to wake up to things

i look in amazement as mustangs sell quickly yet these basses languish unsold despite being a fraction of the price of mustangs and yet having the obvious advantage over mustangs of being available with a long 34” neck 

to recap 

bullets have same pups as mustangs are light weight and can be had in long 34” scale form 

what’s not to like?

Cheers Gareth I have two of these and this one is the spare - they are used when my back is playing up and my Precision Bass is just too much of a heft. You are right - I tried a Mustang and a Musicmaster but the scale length didn’t suit. As these are an excellent lightweight alternative I will always have one in my arsenal of basses. 

• MB1 locked this topic