Why become a member? ×

At last - a Gibson for silly money

Happy Jack

In fairness to Jimi and judging as best one can by the photos (would love to see more), you won't find many better condition 40+ year old Gibson basses - and they are indeed very rare birds. IMO, "pretty mint".

The Oasis association and the rarity may outweigh it's [i]perceived [/i]playability or tone compared to modern basses, but he says he likes playing it and it sounds nice and that's his opinion to which he's entitled.

I think we could have been a [i]little [/i]kinder to this guy and cut him some slack in the dictionary definition department. He is a BC-er and one of us, not some scamming bastard with a "vintage" re-logo'd Westfield P-copy.. ;)

Edit to say: Ooh look - the profanity filter missed "bastard"

Edited by skankdelvar

[quote name='jimijimmi' post='387855' date='Jan 21 2009, 06:48 PM']Thanks mate... At last someone with some kindness instead of jelousy.
O believe it to be available In the USA .
Hope you're well
Jj[/quote]

Mate, if you want to sell it get on there's a vintage Gibson Bass forum out there.

As for being jealous, I saw this comment on another thread for a dodgey Precision, another forum member was accused of jealousy for making some factual comments about a decidedly dodgey guitar. I'm not saying your Thunderbird is dodgey but mate we're not 5 year old kids with attidude problems. One thing I think I can safely say is that not many people on here would resort to the comments out of shear jealousy. From what I can gather from the people who go on here *apart from your good self* is that that most are sane, level headed decent blokes who wouldn't resort to cheap comments out of "jealousy". They are making comments on the guitar you are selling.

Lighten up and wise up. You'll get a lot more respect.

[quote name='WHUFC BASS' post='387926' date='Jan 21 2009, 07:49 PM']Mate, if you want to sell it get on there's a vintage Gibson Bass forum out there.

As for being jealous, I saw this comment on another thread for a dodgey Precision, another forum member was accused of jealousy for making some factual comments about a decidedly dodgey guitar. I'm not saying your Thunderbird is dodgey but mate we're not 5 year old kids with attidude problems. One thing I think I can safely say is that not many people on here would resort to the comments out of shear jealousy. From what I can gather from the people who go on here *apart from your good self* is that that most are sane, level headed decent blokes who wouldn't resort to cheap comments out of "jealousy". They are making comments on the guitar you are selling.

Lighten up and wise up. You'll get a lot more respect.[/quote]
5year old kids eh? They wouldn't have given me this much bother . I don't need to lighten up or wise up pal.nor am I on a quest for respect ? But thankyou.

I'll stick to what I know an you stick to what you know.
And as for the insane etc comment..grow up.

[quote name='WHUFC BASS' post='387926' date='Jan 21 2009, 07:49 PM']Mate, if you want to sell it get on there's a vintage Gibson Bass forum out there.

Lighten up and wise up. You'll get a lot more respect.[/quote]

Envy ....

Somehow I suspect that Jimmi is not short of respect. You don't get his gigs and endorsements without it.

[quote name='OldGit' post='387951' date='Jan 21 2009, 08:16 PM']Envy ....

Somehow I suspect that Jimmi is not short of respect. You don't get his gigs and endorsements without it.[/quote]
Cheers my man..these guys need to get on it. I'm not sayin anymore on the matter. You nuts obviously ain't gona bid so I don't see how your bedroom player remarks are valid.