Why become a member? ×

WITHDRAWN - 'Future Impact I' Bass Guitar Synthesizer - £280 UK Delivered
£280
Wickford, Essex, England

hiram.k.hackenbacker

For sale only - no trades thank you.

Future Impact Bass Synthesizer Pedal complete with box and instructions. Barely used.

Same old story - a bass has come up which is on my 'wish list' and things that are not bolted down are getting the for sale treatment.

I also don't have the technical know how to get anywhere near the best out of this pedal. Apparently it does a thing called MIDI. Pfft. May as well be in Swahili AFAIC 😂

Hopefully this will find an owner who may be able to do it justice.

Does has a couple of patches 3M pedal board stickies on the back. I will ship with corresponding patches for attachment.

EDIT: Price includes secure shipping within the UK ONLY.

9299EB7A-5DD9-4AA0-AB24-9D6E6DB10BDB.jpeg

4751F7B6-1B98-41B3-9136-7E332E034DE1.jpeg

D4825E39-0B20-4CCF-A38E-17CF094DD2C1_1_201_a.jpeg

Edited by hiram.k.hackenbacker

On 10/12/2019 at 18:46, hiram.k.hackenbacker said:

Ha ha. I wouldn’t know how. Seriously, I wouldn’t 😬

That’s a shame as it’s a HUGE step forward compared to what you’re currently running. Makes it into a vastly more powerful and versatile pedal. 

Edited by Quatschmacher

1 hour ago, Quatschmacher said:

That’s a shame as it’s a HUGE step forward compared to what you’re currently running. Makes it into a vastly Loren powerful and versatile pedal. 

Would it be quite easy enough for a competent person (i.e. not me) to do the upgrade if they were to buy this pedal?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
8 minutes ago, hiram.k.hackenbacker said:

Go on then, how do I do the upgrade?

You’ll need a USB-to-MIDI interface such as the Roland UM-One MKII. Some audio interfaces with MIDI ports will work too but not all are able to handle large data files (my Focusrite Scarlett 2i4 can’t).

Then either download the firmware and editor here: http://pandamidi.com/support

or easier still, click on the link above and then follow the link to the online updater (google chrome only) which holds your hand through the process. 

1 minute ago, hiram.k.hackenbacker said:

You lost me after ‘You’’ll need a....☹️‘. I’m in Essex so a little bit of a jaunt from Sheffield. Thanks for the offer tho.

Will be in London in two weeks though. Also happy to help via video chat (have done so a few times already).

• Like 1

Basically all you do is a 

18 minutes ago, hiram.k.hackenbacker said:

You lost me after ‘You’’ll need a....☹️‘. I’m in Essex so a little bit of a jaunt from Sheffield. Thanks for the offer tho.

Basically: 
You get a Roland UM-One MKII. to connect the pedal to your computer, then you use the Future Impact Editor (download from pandaMidi website) to edit/create/save your own patches. 

Getting your head round the Editor takes a minute but when you get to grips with it, it's fairly intuitive. I had no experience with programming or anything before this and within a few weeks of messing around I could make patches from scratch. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AinsleyWalker said:

Basically all you do is a 

Basically: 
You get a Roland UM-One MKII. to connect the pedal to your computer, then you use the Future Impact Editor (download from pandaMidi website) to edit/create/save your own patches. 

Getting your head round the Editor takes a minute but when you get to grips with it, it's fairly intuitive. I had no experience with programming or anything before this and within a few weeks of messing around I could make patches from scratch. 

Also, even if I do say so myself, the manual is very clear and helpful. 😁

1 minute ago, Quatschmacher said:

Also, even if I do say so myself, the manual is very clear and helpful. 😁

Yeah I used that a bit at first before I had a midi connector! I actually didn't think to refer to it for the Editor haha! There's still a few things I don't know how to use properly. 
Are your patches available online anywhere? Some of the sounds you've got there are so good! I'd be interested to see how you've got the parameters set up, some like the CMYP one are really similar to some that I've attempted but seem to have a little extra something ha

29 minutes ago, AinsleyWalker said:

Yeah I used that a bit at first before I had a midi connector! I actually didn't think to refer to it for the Editor haha! There's still a few things I don't know how to use properly. 
Are your patches available online anywhere? Some of the sounds you've got there are so good! I'd be interested to see how you've got the parameters set up, some like the CMYP one are really similar to some that I've attempted but seem to have a little extra something ha

Thanks. I've published loads of my patches on the official Future Impact Online Database, though mostly these are my older ones. I've put a few new ones up in the last few days though and 21 of the factory patches are mine:

https://auraplug.com/fidatabase2/

There is a helpful section at the end of the manual on creating your own patches and how to recreate certain effects. If you want any specific pointers then feel free to ask it on the dedicated FI v3 thread and I'd be happy to help out.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, hiram.k.hackenbacker said:

One of these:

https://www.richtonemusic.co.uk/product/roland-um-one-mk2-usb-midi-interface/?gclid=EAIaIQobChMI-_7B_t3o5gIVAuDtCh3xUgRHEAUYBSABEgKZQ_D_BwE

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...