Why become a member? ×

Ashdown on Markbass

nottswarwick

Just now, Stofferson said:

Great amp, I love mine,

Which Barefaced you thinking of getting? I use my ABM 600 with 410, sounds perfect!

More than welcome to try one, I not far from you

I’m not sure yet to be honest, I can’t work out whether or not I want a tweeter or not.  I might take you up on the offer yet, thank you.

Ive compared the sound from the DI (in my studio) with the sound from the cab. The DI sounds clear a flat, in comparison to the mid hump of the cab.  That said, this characteristic of the cab may well help with onstage audibility. Alex has recommended the BB2 and I am tempted to agree with him. I’d love to take advantage of the notblackfriday discount but I have no more spare cash right now.

Good luck in your search for the perfect stack! But keep the Ashdown, though.

To tweet or not to tweet, that is the question. I'm glad my new amp has a tweeter switch... it'll probably remain off. I think my previous Mark Bass combo had no option to turn the tweeter off... I even thought about disconnecting it. But I never entirely got on with the Mark Bass sound, mine was heavily modded via an EBS Microbass pedal.