Why become a member? ×

Status Energy

jmanfunk

This bass has been on quite a rollercoaster with me. I've sold it, bought it back, put it up for sale only to keep it etc. but my rig needs a further injection of cash as does my Sei bass which needs new electronics so this is [u]most certainly[/u] for sale.

For a bass which is 10+ years old, it's in [i]very[/i] good condition. There are a few very minor marks on the body mainly on the main contact areas on the back and a slight depression over the neck pup where the previous owner rested his thumb. It plays flawlessly with very little fret wear and the set up is low; very low without any audible buzzes. Exactly what you'd expect from a Status. Electronics are all in working order too.

Comes with Elixir Nanoweb strings and a Status padded gig bag and will be shipped in hiscox case which is in good condition.

Its an early nineties model with-

[list]
[*]Walnut body
[*]Graphite neck
[*]2x Status hyperactive J style pups.
[/list]

More pics on request.

[u][i]SOLD
[/i][/u]

Cheers guys,

Jay

Edited by jmanfunk

[quote name='Waldo' post='380753' date='Jan 14 2009, 10:14 PM']+1 ;)[/quote]

Whoops, the most important part- [u][i]£410 [/i][/u] (no price increase from when I was selling it a while ago as a result of currency fluctuations. Basschat (and its previous incarnations) has been to good to me over the years)

Edited by jmanfunk

[quote name='jmanfunk' post='380791' date='Jan 14 2009, 10:39 PM']Whoops, the most important part- [u][i]£410 [/i][/u] (no price increase from when I was selling it a while ago as a result of currency fluctuations. Basschat (and its previous incarnations) has been to good to me over the years)[/quote]

Great price for a very nice bass, how much do status energy basses usually go for 1st hand/new?

Jay's price isn't a million miles out. They would have been about £800-£1000 new originally, perhaps more with the Graphite neck. Most of the Energy models you see around have the wooden neck with the internal graphite rods, so this one is a rarity. I had an Energy Artist 5 with a retro-fitted graphite neck which I sold for £550 a year ago, so this is pretty reasonable. Plus it's in lovely condition, too.

Rich.

[quote name='Dr.Dave' post='381130' date='Jan 15 2009, 12:05 PM']I used one of these for years - fantastic bass. I sold it to part finance the Shuker and missed it so much I ended up buying a 3000 which is very similar.

Somebody buy it and put it to work.[/quote]

I've agreed to pay the full asking price with Jay. I'm just waiting to hear from him about how he wants to be paid.

I can't wait to receive it as it looks superb and will make a change from the Stingrays I normally use.

Chris

[quote name='Dr.Dave' post='381130' date='Jan 15 2009, 12:05 PM']I used one of these for years - fantastic bass. I sold it to part finance the Shuker and missed it so much I ended up buying a 3000 which is very similar.

Somebody buy it and put it to work.[/quote]

I think I bought yours.

It is still going strong (has an extra pickup in it now of course) and sounds wonderful.

[quote name='fretmeister' post='381285' date='Jan 15 2009, 01:56 PM']I think I bought yours.

It is still going strong (has an extra pickup in it now of course) and sounds wonderful.[/quote]

Yes , I remember. You posted a pic with the 'sheeanesque' additions!!

It makes me really happy it's still getting played.

[quote name='bassplayeruk' post='381144' date='Jan 15 2009, 12:23 PM']I've agreed to pay the full asking price with Jay. I'm just waiting to hear from him about how he wants to be paid.

I can't wait to receive it as it looks superb and will make a change from the Stingrays I normally use.

Chris[/quote]

Sold to Chris indeed. Now where's me bubblewrap..... ;)

[quote name='OutToPlayJazz' post='381051' date='Jan 15 2009, 10:16 AM']Jay's price isn't a million miles out. They would have been about £800-£1000 new originally, perhaps more with the Graphite neck. Most of the Energy models you see around have the wooden neck with the internal graphite rods, so this one is a rarity. I had an Energy Artist 5 with a retro-fitted graphite neck which I sold for £550 a year ago, so this is pretty reasonable. Plus it's in lovely condition, too.

Rich.[/quote]

Aw Rich, I was so close to buying the S2 classic that you recently got. I spent weeks drooling at the 'in stock' page. My time with this bass has definitely shown just how damn good graphite can be.

Next year's GAS attack will be horrendous. ;)