Why become a member? ×

High quality 'Jazz' bass with a slim neck - now traded

GreeneKing

I'm looking to sell my Les Evans 4 string.

The bass was made for a customer (not me) by this Liverpudlian Luthier.

It has a beautifully sculpted body with very high quality Schaller hardware including an adjustable bridge. The neck width at the nut is 1 3/8".

It's active with a John East U-Retro that has bass, treble and sweepable mids. There are switches for active/passive blend and a bright setting. Pickups are Kent Armstrong.

The neck definately has some wenge in it and is a 7 laminate with a 6 bolt fixing. The finish as you can see is a dark grey that with the gold hardware looks remarkably classy in an understated way. There are no 'dings' in the finish and only slight marking on the rear of the bass.

Here's some photo's:

If memory serves correctly I paid a little over £600 for this bass (it was a part trade deal) but given the present market I'm looking for £450 plus delivery. It comes with a well padded gig bag and a Levi leather strap complete with matching straplocks.

If you're near you're welcome to try it out/collect.

Peter

Edited by GreeneKing

Thank you for the kind comments. The only problem I have with the bass (as well as having too many) is that my big hands are a bit clumsy at the far end of the neck.

If anyone has an interesting trade I would consider it. This really is a superb bass that oozes quality and tone.

So bumparooo

Peter