Why become a member? ×

SOLD: Pedal board for sale/trade (downsizing!)

G-bitch

[b]*Edit - Power Supplly sold[/b]

I still need to get some photos of this but in the meantime I thought I'd throw it up to see if anyone needs to expand their board.

Here's the link:
[url="http://www.spider-engineering.co.uk/music/typeproducts2.asp?id=3147-2678"]http://www.spider-engineering.co.uk/music/...sp?id=3147-2678[/url]

It's a big board, I've added a shelf onto it to make it far more functional - not terribly pretty but extremely sturdy and well placed for a 'second row' that makes the tap-dancing a shedload easier. Just a couple of holes in the base of the board to secure particularly heavy pedals and the big beefy ass power supply is screwed to it.

I can leave the power supply on if you want it, including all the leads that came with it - many of which are modified by me (just splitter cables) to power more than 8 pedals and a couple of 3.5mm jack power conns. Otherwise this is for sale separately.

Straight sale is possible but would prefer a trade + cash adjust for a smaller board.

MTR DC8DPR Power supply is regulated and rated at two amps - big beefy transformer and 8 9v outs (switchable polarity in pairs of outputs) with each pair of outs rated at 0.5a.

Link here:
[url="http://www.mtraudio.com/mtrcatalogue.htm"]http://www.mtraudio.com/mtrcatalogue.htm[/url]

There is also a review there - review notes a fixed power lead - not correct as this uses a standard IEC lead (maybe a later version?) which means you can unplug it without having to secure a plug inside the pedalboard case.

Pedalboard price is £50
Power supply price is £45

This doesn't include postage - we'll see what arrangements can be made.

Edited by G-bitch

[quote name='tayste_2000' post='39952' date='Aug 1 2007, 12:20 PM']Do you know if the outputs of the power supply are individually isolated[/quote]

It appears that they are isolated as four pairs of outputs as indicated by the 0.5a rating per pair and the switchable polarity on each pair.

You're the last person I was expecting to respond - thought you'd be suitably equipped in the pedalboard department! :)

Can never have to much :) I actually thought you'd think I'd be the first person to check in especially with the buffer you also have for sale.

So if we call them A1,A2,B1,B2,C1,C2,D1,D2 with out giving the game away and higgie sneaking in, this would mean that I could run some battery snaps on say A1 and B1 and these would be totally isolated for say the 2 battery snaps needed to run a Mutron.

Very interesting

Pretty damn big though will have to think.

Cheers for the info

You've completely lost me there - I suspect an email to the tech department would solve it.

It is a beefy bugger - really only necessary for those running pretty big boards with some high drain effects (thanks to Akai pedals and delays, I was pulling about 1.5a at one point!) or those that are quite sensitive to power supply requirements (Akai again) or noise/interference. Like the review says, over 2 kilos.

Buffer is well useful, especially if you're recording and can send a good strong dry signal in tandem with the effected signal (both via DI) and then a third out to a tuner or, separate group of fx or something equally useless!

[quote name='therealting' post='40592' date='Aug 2 2007, 06:50 PM']Do you have pictures with the shelf?[/quote]

I'll get onto this tomorrow - only got it back from my friends house on Wednesday so need to take everything off!

Right folks, full set of pics for you with detailed dimensions (see first pic for dimension marked on the photo).

There are a few holes drilled to aid securing heavy pedals/power supply but not much really as most was just industrial strength 3m velcro (that stuff is the tits). Loads of room on here - shelf that I installed is pretty much in the middle so the board could be turned around depending on whether you want it on the left or right. The shelf has plenty of clearance within the case - a good 6-8cm (tallest pedal on the whole board - a RAT - was on this bit).

£50 is a bargain considering a new one is over £120 - ideal for anyone putting together a hoooge board. Postage will be about a tenner but can easily sort out collection from Brum or I'll be in Bristol in a couple of weeks so anywhere around/between the two is doable for delivery.

Edited by G-bitch