Why become a member? ×

SOLD 'Tosser' Precision bass - as a whole or in parts

G-bitch

Ladies and gents, I give you the Tosser bass (headstock has mock Fender decal with "Tosser" instead of fender and "FUDGING IT PROPER" underneath). It's a home fudged precision with a moses graphite Jazz neck, Badass II bridge and Seymour duncan hot p pickup. The body is nothing to write home about, a cheapy on ebay and I managed to drill right through it when mounting one of the pickups. Anyway, Jaydee guitars sorted the neck pocket and gave it a fret dress whilst I fudged the rest of it together.

Right, I got the neck used from a guy who is such a f***wit at DIY that he managed to drill the holes at such an angle that retro-fitting it might prove a little difficult - I just got a new body and drilled the holes accordingly. I took a risk and it paid off on this occasion but I just wanted to be clear on that particular Caveat Emptor!

Please note that the shielding is poor - everything is in place but it still buzzes if you're not touching the metalwork.

Price for total bass would be £150 + cost of postage.

Alternatively the parts as follows, all including postage:

Moses Graphite Jazz Neck: £75
Black Badass II Bridge: £35
Seymour Duncan Hot P Pickup: £35
Black 'clover leaf' machine heads (can't remember the make - they came in an orange box): £25
Body: not worth selling unless as part of whole bass - a ceremonial burning to release the stigma of that hole I made could well be in order.

For more pics, just drop me a PM - I'll have them for you this evening - please note that there are two black knobs on there now!

Edited by G-bitch

Having read the description I was expecting far worse from the phot (although it seems there could be some nasties once the bass is turned over)! How does it sound and play?
Chris

Edited by Beedster

[quote name='Beedster' post='39535' date='Jul 31 2007, 02:37 PM']Having read the description I was expecting far worse from the phot (although it seems there could be some nasties once the bass is turned over)! How does it sound and play?
Chris[/quote]

Pretty damn good - if I pull my finger out this evening or tomorrow evening then I may even be able to record a sample - will definitely provide some better pics.

I may not be doing it justice in the description, but I'd rather it exceeded someone's expectations than pissed them off!

[quote name='G-bitch' post='39532' date='Jul 31 2007, 02:30 PM']Black 'clover leaf' machine heads (can't remember the make - they came in an orange box): £25[/quote]

Schaller? Think they come in an orange box.
Interesting looking bass. Wish I could afford the neck and pegs.