Why become a member? ×

The Bass Company

TPJ

I was looking at one [b][url="http://www.thebasscompany.com/4stringguitars/ap400m.html"]of these basses[/url][/b] a while ago but they didn't ship internationally. There was a bit of company history with making instruments in the USA only, then setting up a branch in China to make more basses more cheaply. Then all that stopped and the chap is back to making them himself and is now able to ship internationally.

With the exchange rate today, the price of this MM style bass is roughly:
£172 ($350) - price
£74 ($150) - shipping, this is purely a guess rounded up
£62 - import of 25%
£308 - Rough total

I'm thinking about this and swapping out the circuitry with the East MM retro which would still come in under £450.

It's just the looks....

[quote name='TPJ' post='39433' date='Jul 31 2007, 11:30 AM']I was looking at one [b][url="http://www.thebasscompany.com/4stringguitars/ap400m.html"]of these basses[/url][/b] a while ago but they didn't ship internationally. There was a bit of company history with making instruments in the USA only, then setting up a branch in China to make more basses more cheaply. Then all that stopped and the chap is back to making them himself and is now able to ship internationally.

With the exchange rate today, the price of this MM style bass is roughly:
£172 ($350) - price
£74 ($150) - shipping, this is purely a guess rounded up
£62 - import of 25%
£308 - Rough total

I'm thinking about this and swapping out the circuitry with the East MM retro which would still come in under £450.

It's just the looks....[/quote]

Stunning basses and good price. I like the fact that they're sound chambered, making them light. Have just emailed them to see if they have a medium scale option for my girlie hands.

Looks like great stuff to me! I remember seeing the adverts in Bass Player
A read of their History is a positive step as well.

I quite like the look actually, a bit different, but not too 'Boutique'.
The JT400-M and JT400-JJ interest me!

Si

Normally F- styled basses do absolutely nothing for me, but that JT500-JJ is just different enough to appeal. That inlaid pickguard is stunning! Prices look excellent too.

So who's going to take the plunge first and give us all a report?

Edited by BigRedX