Why become a member? Ɨ

SOLD. Trace Elliot Twin Valve 1 x 15 combo
Ā£475
Chester

vinorange

Iā€™ve been mulling this over for ages now but as Iā€™ve now retired from gigging Iā€™m going to free up some space, win some brownie points and free up some cash for a desktop amp of some variety.

So up for sale (or possible trade for something with 4 strings)Ā is my Trace Elliot Twin Valve combo with a rather under estimated ā€Trace Elliotā€Ā 115 wattsĀ RMS with a GP7 graphic Eq and 1 x 15 speaker combo. It dates from the late 80s / early 90s and is in really good condition. It also benefits from a recent re-valve and service by Tech to the starsĀ Dave Lunt who replaced the old valves with aĀ really expensive matched pairĀ (GEC equivalents if I remember but Iā€™ll have to check the make. The valves alone were in his stock - and he has some stock - and he let me have them for Ā£175 which was way way under valued). I have the receipt from Daveā€™s service. Iā€™ll also include the old valves (wherever they are) although one of them is a little rattly which is why they were replaced.

Iā€™ve had the combo for about 2 years and had the intention of returning to gigging but Iā€™ve accepted that itā€™s not going to happen. If I was going to gig, Iā€™d use this as the sound is stunning. The watts of 115 are Trace Elliot watts and are valve watts so it comfortably rattlesĀ the windows. It also runs at 8 ohms standard but can run at 4 ohms so youĀ could add a 2 x 10 for a truly trouser flapping rig. Iā€™d love to keep it but itā€™s wasted in my office. Needless to say itā€™s not been gigged by me and judging on overall condition Iā€™d say it hasnā€™t been gigged a lot. Itā€™s got the original speaker which still sounds perfect.

I had previously been an Eden stalwart but always felt that there was some depth and resonance missing despite their amps being so lively and wonderfully hi-fi.Ā When I got this Trace I realised that this has the resonance and depth thatĀ I was missing. Maybe itā€™s that valve sound or maybe itā€™s classic Trace engineering but either way itĀ really is a fantastic sound.

Anyway, Iā€™m in Chester and will drive up to 75Ā miles to deliver, swap orĀ trade. Trade wise Iā€™d consider any Fender 4 string. I could even add a little cash for a USA Fender. Iā€™d prefer not to courier as itā€™s valvey but may courier it within the UK. It will be very pricey though as it would be insured.Ā 

Dimensions are a compactĀ 33cm x 48cm x 65cm. The weight belies the compact cab at 30+ kg.

Hereā€™s a summary of the features.

Features:

Front:
Active / passive inputs.Ā InputĀ gain dial &Ā overload indicator, Ā pre-shapeĀ EQ button,Ā anĀ in/out button for the graphic EQ and the 7 band Eq faders. JackĀ sockets on the right areĀ FX loop send / return, Line in / out and a head-phone socket. Lastly areĀ master volume and standby switch on the far right of the panel (speaker on/ off switch).

Rear:
Rocker switch forĀ 4 orĀ 8 ohm loadĀ with two outputs - XLR and 1/4ā€ jack. On / off switch.

Thanks for looking.

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Edited by vinorange
  • Like 5

• Rich locked this topic